EP 15 Reunited at last

Joong woke up to a hand stroking his hair. He didn't expect Dunk to wake up before him. He had quickly wiped off the traces of tears from his face and cleared his throat. 

"Do you need anything? I should get the healer to check on you" Dunk pulled his hand stopping him from going anywhere.  

"I only need you." Joong was surprised by Dunk's words. He thought they were over because of Dunk's experience. He couldn't explain the amount of relief that flooded through his body through those four words. Tears unwillingly rolled down his face. He quickly wiped it off as he sat at the side of the bed. 

"Why are you crying, Phi Den?" Dunk looked at Joong in confusion. 

"I thought.. you don't want to.... after..." It was the first time Joong had difficulty forming his sentence. He didn't know how to breach the topic. But Dunk had no issue reading him. 

"You thought I didn't want to see again after what happened?" Joong nodded dejectedly. Dunk caressed his face before lifting it up so that he would meet his eyes. 

"He's not you, Phi Den. He will never be you." Joong reached forward. His lips hovering as he touched Dunk's lips. The fear within him stopped him from doing what he had done a dozen times with ease. Dunk erased that doubt as he pressed forward for a kiss, Joong instinctively deepened it. A century worth of longing poured into that one kiss. 

Pond could finally breathe in relief as he witness the scene along with Phuwin. He was afraid of the misery that was set ahead for Joong and Dunk but Dunk was stronger than he thought. So much stronger than any of them predicted. Phuwin clasped his shoulder as they both smiled at the scene of Joong reuniting with Dunk. 

***

Force had come to check on Dunk. He gave him a tight hug before he left for the Kingdom of Aydin. Dunk may be awake but it would take a while for him to fully heal due to the iron inflicted wound. Joong had fussed over him since he came to. Pond and Phuwin had laughed at their banter. 

"Phi Den, you are king, don't you have to be back by now? What if the undead gets to the people?" Joong had been away for more than a week. Dunk was afraid for the safety of the citizen of the Kingdom of Aydin. 

"You don't have to worry, Dao. I think that shifter was behind the issue with the undead. It's like they've vanished after he's gone." Phuwin informed. Dunk nodded in understanding but still, the Kingdom of Aydin can't do without her king for that long. Dunk saw the sheepish look on Joong. He wondered what Joong had done now.

"I've... umm...stepped down from the throne. Phi Bai has taken over my place as King." Pond, Phuwin and Dunk were shocked at the news. 

"What? How? When did you plan this?" Dunk didn't know what to think of what Joong just told him. 

"It's a thought that I've had for a while. Phi Bai agreed, he'll be ruling the Kingdom of Aydin along with Phi Win. They don't mind since their pups are older now. I'm hoping... I'm hoping to stay here with you. If King Phuwin allows." Phuwin nodded enthusiastically. He was glad that he didn't have to part with Dunk. 

"Pond may stay as well since we're here." Joong said quietly. Dunk had informed Joong of Pond's relationship with Phuwin when he was updating him on his life in the Woodland Realm. Pond was more than relieved at that piece of news as he squeezed Phuwin's hand. Dunk and Joong smiled as they witnessed Pond and Phuwin's shy soft smile towards each other.  

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: we're still gearing for a sweet ending as usual😊😊. This series will end tomorrow🥹🥹

How are you all? Are you still coping with the series? 😅😅