Ch 29: 'One For All'

Start from the beginning

Gran Torino: "Alright... It's been a few days now since you've gotten some sense into you and finally decided to listen to me. Which I'm still surprised you even did, by the way..."

A look of regret was quick to find (Y/n)'s face as he looked to the ground. The sight alone was enough to make Gran Torino correct his tone instantly.

Gran Torino: [Sighs] "Though...I guess better late than never, huh?" [Shakes head] "Anyway! Since then, I've had you been using One For All in every possible situation you may need it. When you first started with it, you had basic control of it, given your other quirk, that's not surprising. But how do you find it now?"

(Y/n): "Um...I don't know? It feels alright. But because I haven't...um...used it a lot before now, it's hard to say."

Gran Torino: "Tsk. Not surprising... You've got a whole world of power within your body, kid, and you only know a single taste of it."

(Y/n): "R-Really? I thought One For All was basically was pretty straight forward. At least, that's what All Might made it out to be?"

Gran Torino: "Ha! You call what he does the full degree of One For All? Please! One For All is a quirk unlike any other. It's full of history and skill that even a hundred men would struggle to comprehend. Lucky for you...I'm here, I'll do my best to explain it to you. At least, from what I know about it."

That was another thing (Y/n) had come to understand in these last few days since he's begun training with Gran Torino. Despite not having the Quirk for himself, Gran Torino knew quite a bit about it. Yet, even from the few points that he had already given him, (Y/n) had already improved immensely in coming to understand the Quirk for what it was. But just as Gran Torino had just stated, there was still a whole lot he didn't yet know. But that would come with time seemingly.

Gran Torino: "Now then! Starting off with today's lesson, I want you to tell me all you know about your Nightmare Quirk."

(Y/n): "...My nightmare Quirk? But I thought I was to only use One For--"

Gran Torino: "I said TELL ME about your Nightmare Quirk! Not USE it! Honestly! Do you kids not have ears these days?"

Out of shame (Y/n) didn't respond. Instead, lowering his head slightly before Gran Torino repeated himself.

Gran Torino: "Now... What do you know about your Nightmare Quirk?"

(Y/n): "...Um...Well, I got it at an age a little later than others. I first used its power after an, um...traumatic event."

Gran Torino: [Raises eyebrow] "Traumatic event?"

(Y/n): [Shakes head] "A-Anyway! The basis of my Quirk is being able to inflict nightmares onto people. Images and such that can basically haunt their minds."

Gran Torino: "So basically have them go through a nightmare even when they're awake?"

(Y/n): "Yeah. But to people watching, the person is just screaming. They don't know what's going on. I can also create realistic nightmares as well, but I can only use images from my mind. So they're not exactly the nightmares of people I'm facing. But they do the job."

Gran Torino: "So you can make people scared and create things that scare you?"

(Y/n): "...Um...Well...When you put it like that, I guess..."

It didn't take much for Gran Torino to see that (Y/n) was still reeling from his fight with Stain. The fear of the event was still lurched inside his soul. The way he seemed less confident and unsure of himself was easily seen with the constant breaks in speech and stutters here and there. It made the old man question what he was currently doing. Nevertheless, he knew (Y/n) was determined in this matter, so he continued.