Our Spirit.

~~~~~~

You sit up in bed, feeling a little under the weather.

The extermination was in a week and the stress was beginning to get to you pretty quickly. You never really talked to Alastor about this, wanting to believe that he could really protect you from the danger of the extermination. Plus, there was a part of you that was still pissed about the gala incident last night.

You looked down, seeing Alastor's arm laying over your lap and his hand resting on your hip. He was still sleeping, and you had no intentions on leaving his side any time soon.

A smile tugged at your lips as you leaned down to kiss the top of his head.

Sure, you were angry at him for nearly killing Richie and specifically not listening to you when he really should've, but you still loved him deeply.

With a sigh, you looked over towards the bedside table and picked it up. Surprisingly, your phone had been blown up by Charlie.

From the looks of things, she was mostly concerned about if you were okay after seeing the news reports. You did tell her that you had been at that gala with Alastor so no wonder she was worried about whether or not you had gotten caught in the crossfire.

You picked your phone up, sending the princess a couple of messages confirming that you were okay. If only you had seen the messages sooner, you wouldn't have stressed her out too much.

"My dear..." Alastor suddenly grumbled, his face half squished into his pillow, "You type quite loud..."

You glanced down at the deer, letting out a quiet laugh as you place your free hand in his hair, scratching his scalp. With your other hand, you continue to type a few messages to Charlie.

Alastor practically melts into your touch, looking as though he could fall asleep right there. He was probably exhausted from the fight last night.

"Al..." You finally say, setting your phone down in your lap, "I need to get to work soon..."

The radio demon huffs, pulling you closer. He wasn't about to let you go easily and would probably pull something to get you the day off. The man's so stubborn sometimes.

"Al, I promised to go in today." You murmur, wrapping your arms around him and burying your face into his hair.

"Yes, well, I wish to spend my day with you." He sighs, hugging you close.

You smile softly, shaking your head. You wouldn't be able to convince him to let you go, your coworkers were so going to give you so much shit when you get back.

He pressed a kiss against your shoulder, "Darling, if you stay here with me today then I swear I will make it up to you."

"How so?" You grin.

"I'll accompany you to a day out on the town, perhaps even bring you shopping for whatever you want or need." His hand ran up and down your upper back in a soothing manner.

"Sounds like fun..."

~~

You were on your own now.