chapter 10 | another one bites the dust

«I hope I'm not the only one that feels it all. Are you falling?»

---

"Did you know Pierre Bergé and Yves Saint Laurent were married?"

He looked up from his phone, where Pierre Bergé's entire Wikipedia page was on display. Aurora met his gaze from where she sat on the sofa across from him. The girl scanned the rest of the room, as though his comment hadn't been directed at her even when she was the only soul in there at the moment. She moved the computer to the side and slightly frowned.

"Who is Pierre Bergé?" She questioned. Charles wandered into the room. An apple and water bottle in his hands while his steps directed him closer to his girlfriend.

Pierre dropped his face, his hand flying in the air to gesture at her. "Isn't Sloane your best friend? You should know a little about fashion."

"I'm not even sure Sloane knows who Pierre Bergé is!" Aurora defended herself with a huff included to show more indignation. Charles snorted at the exchange, taking a seat by her side. "Wait, since when are you so into fashion? I know you like to attend shows to see the models but this is something new. Pierre Bergé?"

Charles, who clearly was dying to chime in, raised both eyebrows and leaned against Aurora. "Ever since he started going out with Salma, apparently." He nudged his girlfriend with the elbow. "I do have to say I'm pretty impressed. I didn't believe you'd come this far with her, to be honest."

"Charles," Aurora used a gentle warning tone.

"Come on, mon ange. You know what I mean." His hands motioned for Aurora to let him carry on. "Aside from Salma, you have to admit it is surprising Sloane let Pierre get near one of her friends. She isn't very—"

He smiled when Aurora turned to look at Charles. Ready to interrupt. "Very what?" Her tone didn't hold any jealousy because that was his ex-girlfriend they were talking about. Not at all. It was more on the side of someone who liked Sloane more than any of her companions right there with her. Even Charles could admit that.

"Yes, Charles. Sloane isn't very what?" He encouraged, arms folding over his chest and showing mock interest.

The Ferrari driver groaned. "Very fond of Pierre. That's what I wanted to say." With this statement, Aurora grimaced and nodded in agreement.

"That is true. I'm sorry."

"Maybe she finally realised that my intentions are real." He was quick to defend his case.

Charles smiled funnily. "Are they really? You kept saying how much you wanted to sleep with her because she's hot."

Everything regarding his interactions with Salma, where they went, what they'd done, had been for themselves only. He didn't talk to Charles or Aurora, or anyone else for that matter, about the atelier or how they had to get to Lyon after that. The situation with her family and so on. He hadn't mentioned that they'd shared that. Yes, from the outside his goals with a model could be seen as superficial, she was beyond beautiful, and he wasn't blind, so the assumptions were there, but it was somehow turning into something more personal than what he could've imagined. Or wished for, in all honesty.

He sighed, phone being discarded to the side. The couple were all focused on him. "Fine, I did say I wanted to sleep with her because she's hot, but would it be a crime to say I think this can go differently? Not only a hookup, that is."

"A relationship you mean?"

"Yes, maybe, I don't know." He shrugged and looked at both of them with some sense of seriousness. Not very typical of him. "I like her a lot. I think."