Prologue ☆

One beautiful autumn morning in 2018, you are woken up by the unpleasant sound of your alarm clock. You extend your arm and turn off the source of the infernal noise that disturbs your sleep every morning of the week. You then take your phone in your hands.

As soon as your eyes see the time they widen. It was 8:45 a.m. and your class started at 9:30 a.m. which gave you 15 minutes to get ready before having to take the bus.

You jump out of your bed and run to your dressing room. You quickly choose an outfit, then put it on. Afterward you run to the bathroom. You quickly brush your teeth and put on makeup.

When you're done with everything you grab your bag then run to the bus stop. You boarded the bus, hurrying for it to leave because it was now 9:05 a.m.

Suddenly, a tall, muscular man enters the bus. He looked angry. The man stops next to another man who was sitting on the bench on the other side of the bus next to you.

"What are you doing here?" The muscular man ask in a cold tone to the other man.

"I'm going to Astana." The other man respond in a calm tone.

The tall, angry man takes his phone out of his pocket and then hands it to the seated man. "Look. Lola sent me a message at dawn...that she was going to kill herself. But I can't reach her. What's going on with her?"

You turn your head curious about the conversation. You notice that the man sitting looks at the phone, then remains silent for a few seconds before answering. "We broke up." He said in a calm tone as if he was indifferent to the situation.

The silence is palpable as the big man looks at the other man. "Did you guys fight again?" He asks with concern before adding "Forget it. We'll talk about this later."

"Let's go and look for her." he says gripping his wrist, but the other man pulls his wrist straight out of his grip. "No. I'm not leaving." the man said while remaining seated.

The burly man looks back down clearly insulted by the behavior of the man in front of him. "How could you be so brazen?"

Burly man: "She forgave you for cheating on her when you were in Astana. Is she a joke to you?" He snaps angrily at the other man.

Sitting man: He signs then say, "I never cheated on her."

In anger the strong man violently grabs the other man by the collar of his jacket. This gesture causes some panic on the bus but people remain seated watching what is happening.

Burly man: "Did you meet a new girl in Astana? Is that it?" He snaps

Sitting man: "No!" He shouts

The angry man suddenly punches the individual in front of him. Then he gives him a second one. The man who received the blows places his hand on the place where he received the impact as he feels the pain intensify.

Burly man: "Get up. You're coming with me."

While the man tries to pull the other out of the bus you look at the time on your phone and notice that it is now 9:10 a.m, your eyes widen and you decide to get up. You push the big man so he lets go of the other man.

You: "Darn it. Stop it." You say pissed as the tall man gives you a confused look as to why you pushed him.

You: "The bus can't leave because of you. Get off the bus."

The burly man looks at the sitting man "Did you bring your new girlfriend from Astana with you?"

You sigh angrily, so you decide to play along so that the man leaves and you can finally get to your class on time. "Gosh. Fine. I'm his new girlfriend. He's mine now. So get lost!"

Luckily it works, the strong man clench his teeth, then turns and leaves the bus in a rage. You quickly return to your seat, you indicate to the driver to start.

After a few minutes of the bus starting to move, you turn your head and notice that the man sitting there is looking at you with a look that is both confused and intrigued. You then decide to say something.

You: "You don't need to thank me. I just needed to leave fast."

The man then turns to sit upright again on his seat.

You: "You should have fought back. Letting him punch you like that made you look like a real cheater."

"What do you know?" He says confused as he turns his head to look at you. You look at him. "If I say so, then it is." You say with a smile.

A few seconds pass where this man plunges his dark seductive eyes into yours, intrigued by what you know. But it was short, because the man decided to simply turn around and look outside the window.

You sigh then you decide to look out the window until you get to the university.