Chapter 1 Act 2-2: Big Brother and Little Zombie

Start from the beginning

"I have made kites in Liyue for forty years, and I am intimately familiar with the forms passed down from my ancestors. The meaning of these seven kites is far from banal."

He smiled at that, "Indeed. These are decorations used in the . The seven kites represent ."

"I took the liberty of coloring outside the lines when doing the insignia of the . As for the kite that honors the , one must follow the contract given right down to the last letter. These patterns are ancient, and you can also find them in the ."

"Ah, Paimon's heard that name before—"

Boboiboy (Ice) acted up by Paimon's words, "Paimon, stop talking!!"

"Huh?" Paimon (and some of the audience) were confused by his words.

"The design of this kite displays a firm grasp on the cyclicality and eternity so dear to the Electro Archon."

Ei saw the design, to which she could tell what it meant.

"These markings of tree and leaf pay due honor to wisdom and the passage of time. All this, on a single kite — truly astonishing. Justice flows across the surface of the waters, war rages like a flame, as does that which the Cryo Archon once... yes, these details are masterfully done." He complimented the craftsmanship.

"Hehehe, the compliments of a learned man truly are pleasant."

"Well then, Granny Shan, I shall take these back with me. As for the payment..."

They (and the audience) were immediately alarmed about where this was going, "Uh-Oh!"

""As for Payment," he says!!" Blaze was alarmed by where this was going.

"Well allow me." They heard Childe's voice as they saw him walking into the scene, interrupting the payment that Zhongli was talking about.

Solar was suspicious about the timing, "Did you arrange a meeting here?"

"Haha, no. I was merely passing through." He answers, "I see Mr. Zhongli's the same as ever. When paying— Well, when getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet. He knows a great deal about money and about the trials of the common man. He just doesn't consider poverty to be something that could ever happen to him. Or perhaps you could say that he cannot imagine himself lacking money."

"How has he not died of hunger yet?" Thorn nods as he agrees with Paimon on this.

Zhongli sighed at his childish antics, "...Childe, you are as fond of jokes as ever. Well then, since we've purchased our kites without incident, there's no need to take a break before moving to the next step in our preparations. The Rite of Parting requires helping hands as well as materials. We should be able to find some people near the harbor."

Childe then remembered something, "Oh, by the way, Travelers, take this bag of money. You probably won't want to let Zhongli do the bargaining, if you know what I mean."

Boboiboy nodded with a deadpan expression as his eyes were silver, 'You don't have to tell us that.'

As they left to do some bargain with the workers, Childe sighed at the timing. "Hmm... It seems I missed out on some interesting information. ...I suppose I'll just have to find a more opportune moment next time."

The audience got serious about what Childe meant, to which they turned to him with suspicious looks on their faces. "What are you planning, Fatui?" Diluc asked as he didn't like where this was going.