Taehyun's cheeks flushed at the thought.

Did he want to be Beomgyu's boyfriend?

Taehyun leaned his head back against the car seat, letting out a sharp exhale.

Was it his heart talking or the Mono in him talking?

Did he love Beomgyu, or was he just becoming obsessed with him?

What happened to everything he had told himself and swore to himself?

Love was the last thing on his mind, but when it came to Beomgyu, all his self-control crumbled in less than a second.

"Kang Taehyun."

Yeonjun's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, and Taehyun turned to look at the older.

Yeonjun felt Taehyun's cheek, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"You're all hot and red, kid. Are you sure you're well enough to go to school? I can take you home."

Taehyun was mortified, but he kept his face as straight as possible.

"I can't miss school," Taehyun sighed. "I have a project to work on. I'll be behind if I skip. Besides, I'm okay, hyung. I promise."

Taehyun was lying.

He would think about nothing but Beomgyu if he was stuck at home. At school, he would at least be able to distract himself.

Yeonjun's eyes softened, and his lips pursed in concern, but he didn't press any further, trusting Taehyun's word.

The rest of the car ride was quiet, leaving both brothers lost in their own thoughts. The radio played quietly, filling the silence with soft melodies that seemed to fade into the background. Taehyun couldn't shake the feeling of unease and anxiety that had settled in the pit of his stomach.

As they pulled up to the school, Taehyun took a deep breath, gathering whatever strength he had left. He forced a smile at Yeonjun as he stepped out of the car and said goodbye.

As he walked through the school halls, he was suddenly overcome with nausea. Taehyun's steps faltered, and he stumbled towards the nearest restroom. He rushed into a stall, barely managing to lock it behind him before falling onto his knees.

Tears prickled the corners of his eyes as he retched, his body convulsing as he emptied the contents of his stomach into the toilet bowl. When the nausea finally subsided, Taehyun slumped against the stall door, struggling to catch his breath.

The headache that had plagued him since he woke up had intensified, a relentless throbbing that pounded against his temples with every beat of his racing heart. He pressed a hand against his forehead, his breath hitching in pain as he fought to keep his rising panic under control.

How the hell was he going to get through the rest of the day like this?

How could he pretend to be okay when every fiber in his entire being screamed in agony?

His mind raced with a million thoughts, each one more chaotic than the last. He felt trapped in a whirlwind of emotions. The weight of everything — his conflicting feelings for Beomgyu, not being able to have a color rush, the overwhelming pain— pressed down on him like a suffocating blanket.

But he couldn't stay in the bathroom forever. With a shaky breath, Taehyun pushed himself up from the floor, using the stall door for support.

As he met his reflection in the mirror, Taehyun couldn't help but feel a pang of frustration and helplessness. He looked like a mess — pale, sweaty, with dark circles under his eyes.

He splashed some water on his face, hoping to wash away some of the exhaustion and anxiety that clung to him like a second skin.

Slowly, he composed himself as best he could, summoning the last shreds of strength he had left, inhaling and exhaling shakily. He couldn't let anyone see him like this, couldn't let them see how broken he was.

Swallowing hard, Taehyun straightened his shoulders and forced himself to leave the restroom.

With every step, Taehyun felt the weight of his exhaustion dragging him down. His head throbbed with each beat of his heart, and his stomach churned with nausea.

He knew he was in no condition to go to class.

He needed an escape.

He made his way towards the staircase that led to the school rooftop, the throbbing in his head intensifying with every movement he made. After what seemed like an eternity, he reached the door that led to the rooftop and pushed it open with trembling hands.

He let out a shaky breath as he stepped out into the open air. The cool breeze felt soothing on his feverish skin.

For once, his mind was finally quiet. With each passing second, Taehyun felt the tension leaving his body and sat on the ground. The tight knot of anxiety in his chest slowly began to unravel. He let out a long, slow breath, letting go of the weight that had been pressing down on him for so long.

He closed his eyes and tilted his head back to take in the fresh air, his chest slowly falling into a steady rhythm as he managed to get his breathing under control.

And for the first time in what felt like an eternity, Taehyun allowed himself to simply just be.