"You're mental." Racaillo huffed.

"And you love me nonetheless."

"That I do."

Daemon smiled, and he resumed to polish Dark Sister.

Daemon pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed loudly; never, even in his wildest dream, had he expected something like this to happen. Exactly not after drinking all night with Racaillo, Steffon, and his Gold Cloaks.

The room is full of shouting, accusations, denying, and many more noises that keep Daemon's head pounding wildly.

" Prepare proper burial for fallen one, then for the injured," Daemon sighs , "Do make them as comfortable as you can. I'll arrange compensation for the family as soon as possible." He told the head of Dragon Keeper.

" Yes, my prince." The old man bowed to Daemon and then silently left the chaotic, small council room.

"How bad?" Viserys asked.

"Laenor was injured quite badly; the Healer already sent to tend him, and for the Dragon keeper, one died, and two were injured badly, and looks like the injured one won't make it," Daemon told Viserys.

"so much chaos in such a short amount of time," Viserys sighed deeply.

Daemon put his hand on Viserys' shoulder, " You cannot let this slide, brother. "

" I know, but we more likely suffer more loss if we punish Laena accordingly; not only we would once more have strained relationships with the Velaryon, but the scandal would also give the Braavos' Magistrate reason to demand unreasonable compensation or even wage war on us. " Viserys sighed again.

Daemon rubs his thumb over Dark Sister's hilt while watching in silence how Lyonel and old Beesbury are trying to have a level-headed conversation with Corlys, who kept spluttering nonsense after nonsense to keep her daughter away from the execution ground.

"My daughter shouldn't be punished! She just claimed what was rightfully hers!" Corlys yelled.

Daemon barks a laugh, which startled everyone within the room, "Rightfully hers?! Ha!"

"My daughter Laena is the blood of old Valyria, daughter of Rhaenys Targaryen! Granddaughter of Aemon Targaryen! She had every right to claim a dragon just like Princess Rhaenyra and her mother, Rhaenys!" Corlys spat.

Daemon shook his head in amusement, "Being granddaughter of Aemon Targaryen and Daughter of Rhaenys Targaryen wouldn't suddenly grow wings on a Seahorse, Corlys."

Collective gasps filled the room.

"How dare you!" Corlys shouted once he regained his composure after the backlash.

"How dare I?" Daemon scoffed, "How dare YOU, Corlys of House Velaryon, Lord of the Tides and Master of Driftmark, take part in great crime against the throne! Have you already forgotten your oath to be faithful to your King? Didn't you pledge fealty to Viserys and shall defend him against all enemies in good faith and without deceit? Did all merely just meaningless words?"

Corlys slumped to his chair; he looked pale as a sheet.

"You are well aware of how much destruction your precious daughter almost brings upon us all! Lady Laena not only tried to steal a dragon with the intent to break her betrothal with Sealord Antaryon. She blackmailed her own brother, Sir Laenor, to fly her to the Dragonstone, resisting arrest, resulting in one Dragon keeper being killed and two being badly injured and most likely not surviving. On top of that, You! Lord of House Velaryon, instead of turning your daughter in, you tried to bribe the dragon keepers in order to keep the incident secret. You should thank the Gods that my brother was the one who currently sat on the iron throne; if it were my grandfather, the old King, you and your daughter would be executed without question asked!"