Chapter 1: Road-Trip Troubles

Start from the beginning

Just as she said that the sound of a vehicle approaching could be heard coming their way. Both girls looked and saw what looked to be a van coming towards them. It looked strange to them though, it was blue with bits of green and orange mixed in. It was nothing the girls had ever seen before.

"The Mystery Machine?.." Dianna said as she could slightly make out the words on the side of the van.

"What kind of name is that?" Annalise asked.

"A very ridiculous one" Madelaine said as she rolled her eyes.

The van eventually stopped beside them and once it had the window rolled down. Sitting in the passenger seat was a man. He had blonde hair with black eyes. He wore a white long sleeve shirt with this orange ascot.

"Hey you guys need some help there?" the man asked.

"Yes" Thomas said. "I was taking these ladies to Louisiana but our tire busted and we don't have a spare one," Thomas explained.

"I'm sorry to hear that," the man said. "Me and my friends are actually heading to Louisiana, maybe we can give you a ride?" the man offered.

"That would be much appreciated," Madelaine said.

"Well then grab your bags and hop on it" the man said with a friendly tone. "Names Fred Jones by the way" the man introduced himself.

"Madelaine" Madelaine introduced herself before turning to her friend. "And this is my friend Dianna" Madelaine said to which Dianna gave a small yet shy wave.

"Nice to meet you both" Fred said with a smile.

Thomas got the girls bags from the trunk before giving it to them. He wished the girls luck on their trip, which Madelaine thanked him for. The back door of the van opened and the girls were shocked to see some other people in the van as well. They consisted of a girl with orange hair and dressed in a purple dress. The other was another man who had light brownish hair. He wore a green shirt with brown pants and black shoes. The last was a dog.

"Oh hi there" the orange haired girl said with a friendly smile. "I'm Daphne"

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance" Madelaine said politely.

The girls got their bags in before taking a seat. Daphne moved over a bit so Madelaine could sit down while the guy did the same for Dianna.

"Like it's nice to meet you" the brown haired guy said. "Shaggy Rogers" the guy introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you," Madelaine said. "Is this your pet?" Madelaine asked.

"Yea this is Scooby Doo," Shaggy said.

"Hello," Scooby said, which surprised the girls.

"He talks?" Madelaine said as her eyes widened a bit.

"Yea but he's really nice," Shaggy said.

"Well that's good at least" Madelaine said as she turned to see another girl in the front seat of the van. The girl turned around to face them. She had short dark brown hair and wore glasses on her face.

"I'm Velma, Velma Dinkley" the girl said.

"Nice to meet you," Madelaine said.

Scooby looked at Dianna and noticed the creepy doll she had in her arms and got scared and covered his eyes with his paws.

"Like that's one creepy doll," Shaggy said.

"Shaggy, that's not nice" Daphne said.

"Like sorry" Shaggy said, having not meant to be rude.

"Her mother made that for her," Madelaine explained.

"Aw well that's very sweet of her" Daphne said.

"Dianna doesn't talk much," Madelaine said.

"That's alright we understand" Velma said.

"Ready gang?" Fred asked.

"Yes Fred," Daphne said.

"Alright then" Fred said.

Thomas waved as the van started back up again before driving off. The girls were glad that they managed to get a ride now they just had to get to Louisiana and find Henry so they could bring him back to Mother Miranda.

"So where are you ladies from?" Fred asked as he struck up a conversation with them.

"Romania," Madelaine said.

"Wow really that's cool" Fred said.

"What brings you to America?" Daphne asked.

"Just taking a little trip," Madelaine said. "It's our first time here," Madelaine explained.

"You've never been here before?" Daphne asked.

"No we grew up in Romania our entire lives and our families rarely traveled" Madelaine said.

"Well I'm sure you'll have a great time," Shaggy said.

"Hopefully so," Madelaine said.

Scooby Doo looked up at Dianna who looked back at him. He sniffed her hand which made Dianna flinch a bit.

"Oh he won't bite," Daphne said, hoping to ease the girl as she could sense her nervousness.

Dianna hesitantly reached her hand out and gently pets Scooby's head. Scooby allowed it and even wagged his tail to show he liked it. Dianna was surprised by that and continued to pet him.

Madelaine smiled seeing her friend petting the talking dog as she turned to look out the window. She was hopeful that no one would suspect them otherwise they could be in danger. The gang didn't know that they had just picked up two people who were not at all human. And the girls didn't know it yet but this trip was about to change their lives.

 And the girls didn't know it yet but this trip was about to change their lives

( Madelaine's outfit )

( Dianna's outfit )