Chapter 1 Act 2-1: Preparation and Budget

Beginne am Anfang

The worker thought it would take them at least 3 days to finish, but Boboiboy was proven to be useful as he split into 7 of himself and began working hard on gathering the supplies and helping with putting the part of the stairs in the correct place.

Suffice it to say, the days of work began to drop to only 2 days and that made the worker very happy to see the process sped up a little.

Watching the good deeds that Boboiboy was doing at the Wangshu Inn made Xiao impressed by his hard-working spirit and his kindness in helping others.

As for Lumine, she was busy fighting against Treasure Hoarders and Hilichurls who were in the commissions. She was able to fight against them as she used some strategy to outsmart them.

The audience was very happy to hear that both of them were continuing to help others, despite being labeled as suspects in the death of Rex Lapis. Nigguang felt ashamed that the blame was shifted on them, while Keqing felt determined to help the both of them in any way she could.

After some time had passed, they headed back to the Northland Bank to meet up with Childe. However, he wasn't there so they entered the bank and walked up to the female receptionist who was behind the counter. Her name is Ekaterina and saw that she was one of the Fatui.

"Welcome, Lumine, Boboiboy, friends of Childe. And congratulations on the first day of your illustrious career with the Fatui." She greeted me with a smile.

"Sorry, but we have no intentions of joining the Fatui," Lumine told her.

"You sound remarkably sure of yourselves... Remember, we are mere mortals - our ideas are fluid like water. Only the Tsaritsa truly has a will as solid as the permafrost." She stated nonchalantly, "But back to the matter at hand. Childe tells me that he has upheld his end of your agreement."

"What agreement? Oh, the thing about him helping us find a guy?" Paimon asked.

"Correct. Chile promised he would find someone to break the stalemate. And the Harbingers do not break their promises lightly."

"So, ma'am. Where is Childe, anyway? We're supposed to meet him here today." Boboiboy said.

"Childe is currently at Liuli Pavilion." She answered.

"Liuli Pavilion?" Lumine and Boboiboy asked at the same time.

"Ooh, ooh, Paimon knows this one! A-Ahem! There are two styles of cooking in Liyue, known as Li style and Yue style. They have been competing for centuries, but neither has emerged as the clear winner. The flagship restaurant of the Li style is the Liuli Pavilion. The owner especially chose to open the restaurant at Feiyun Slope, so they could compete face-to-face with the Xinyue Kiosk, which is the flagship restaurant of the Yue style." Paimon explained.

"You're like this every time we talk about food..." Lumine looked at her with a blank look, which Thunderstorm nodded on.

"Don't talk to Paimon like that! Anyway, Paimon's hungry, let's get moving." Paimon suggested.

They begin leaving the Northland Bank and heading to Liluli Pavilion. It took them a few minutes until they saw Childe there. "Aha, you three made it. As promised, I have found someone who can help you. Someone who can solve the mystery of why the Liyue Qixing would hide the Geo Archon's vessel."

"Where is he then? Is he inside the Liuli Pavilion?" Lumine asked.

"He certainly is. Come, I'll introduce you. I took the liberty of setting up a business dinner, as per the Liyue custom." Childe said as he led the way and they followed him. That's when they were greeted by a waiter from the restaurant. He did a signature bow and spoke up.