prologue

  𝒯he day that i 𝗺𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 i started 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻'

i started 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻'

  𝒯he day that i 𝗺𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 i started 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻'

˖ ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Having been friends for so long blurred out the lines that separated friends from feelings.
She knew that no matter what , and no matter how heavy the burden of carrying an unrequited love became , she couldn't let him know.

Their friendship took its first steps inside a rusty sandbox near their kindergarten. From that moment on they were pretty much inseparable , and always seen together. The pair shared everything , from lunch boxes , to crayons , to clothes and homework. As time passed , those turned into their deepest desires and secrets , their dreams , fears , and love.. although that topic had an unspoken rule: Never mention it.

He was extroverted , bubbly , got along with anyone and everyone. Very friendly , had an over-the-top flirty attitude and not to mention his looks.. But he was heavily misunderstood. People took him for a womanizer , a shameless bastard out for advantage , while he was not. It was those very rumors that costed him his dignity , and he became what he feared to ever become

She was introverted , had a hard time opening up .. Rarely went out , not very talkative , preferred solitude over most things. She wasn't a huge fan of trips and hangouts , only attending when obligatory. Emotions were her weakness. She never knew what she felt and how to deal with it. She couldn't seperate truth from lies , and that's what caused her to learn a lesson she would never forget.

The girl wasn't one to fall in love quickly.
She was terrified of the concept of love.
horrified by the idea of showing her vulnerable side to someone else.
Opening up wasn't one of her fortes , nor was catching up on signals. She wasn't sure what exactly a healthy relationship was , as she was never shown one.

But when she did fall in love , she fell hard.
And not just for any person.
She fell for the one she never should've fallen for. Not because he was her best friend , but because it wasn't their time yet.

Trying to rush destiny is like trying to force a toddler to walk the moment you see it can stand on its feet. The build up is there , but its time hasn't come yet. Rushing it will result in the kid falling and hurting themselves , causing it to be scared to try again. Although it can stand , the toddler isn't experienced enough to take its steps. Its feet have not been fully prepared for such a big change and it doesn't know how to proceed. That's why you let it take its time until the switch flips and you can see it take its first steps.

If something is meant to happen , it will happen , no matter how much someone tries to evade it.

Something bad is always followed by something good. Even if you've completely given up on waiting , it will come around when you least expect it ,

Because there's no way he ever expected to hear from her , ever again.

˖ ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

𖥔 ݁ ˖