Part 1, The Return of the witch

In the deep recesses of EmberOak's woods, two village maidens stealthily depart from their homes, driven by a yearning to witness the mystical allure of the night. Ethereal lights dance among the trees, casting a mesmerizing spell upon the landscape.

"Do you remember the witch's tale, Catherine?"

"Claire, that's not a mere song; it's a solemn warning. We've ventured too far; we ought to return."

Claire giggles at her friend's caution. "Oh, come now, it's merely a story."

"A story?"

"Yes, a bedtime tale spun by parents to lull their children to sleep," Claire reassures with a gentle smile. "Hush now, and listen carefully. In the depths of darkness, where secrets reside, echoes the witch's warning."

"Enough. I wish to return home."

"You're too fearful," Claire teases.

"I am not!"

Claire laughs softly as a gust of wind rustles the leaves. "Look, there lies her abode. Let's explore."

"no!" Catherine protests, clutching her friend's arm. "We should head back."

"And we shall, but not before we've glimpsed inside. Come on," Claire insists, pulling Catherine towards the door.

With a creak, the door yields to Claire's touch, releasing a cloud of dust that causes both girls to cough.

"Whoa! Look, it's the Witch's book," Claire exclaims, reaching for the ancient tome.

"No, don't touch it, Claire!" Catherine warns, watching in horror as candles light themselves.

"I see no harm. Come, let's see what secrets it holds," Claire urges, flipping through the pages.

"The witch is gone; she can't harm us," Claire reassures, pointing to an incantation written in shimmering ink.

"Claire, please! We must leave this place," Catherine pleads, reaching for the book.

"Quiet, Catherine! Nothing will happen," Claire dismisses, continuing to recite the incantation.

But as she chants, Catherine's fear grows, and she tries to grab the book.

"Stop, Catherine!" Claire demands, pushing her away.

"Lost in memory's keep, awaken, Witch, from your slumber," Claire recites, undeterred. "Come forth from the unknown."

"Claire, stop! You don't know what you're doing!" Catherine cries out, but her pleas go unheeded.

"By the power of magic, rise from the shadows," Claire intones. "Lost Witch, heed my call."

Silence envelops them, Catherine's terror palpable as she meets Claire's gaze.

"See? Nothing has happened. It's just a tale. The king and queen placed this here as a mere decoration," Claire says with a sigh, closing the book.

Despite Claire's reassurances, Catherine cannot shake the feeling of foreboding.

"We must return home. Mother and father are surely worried," Catherine says, shivering as the wind sends a chill down her spine.

"Fine! We shall go now." Claire spoke with a sigh, gesturing her younger sister to go ahead. The Queen and king were foolish to have the people believe in such a mess as witches and vampires. All of the tales were fairytales, nothing more or less.

But she did know for certain now how to scare her sister.