"For real?" someone asked.

FP nodded, stepping forward. "You'll work for me. Help me with investigations, be my eyes and ears in the community. In return, you'll get paid and receive school credit to help you apply to colleges."

Jughead looked around at the grinning Serpents. "This is about bringing order, ensuring our survival. But this is gonna be a grand-new chapter for the Serpents, and we can't be divided by it. So let's put it to a vote."

"If it's not unanimous," FP began, his eyes sweeping the room before coming to a stop on Kurtz, "there's the damn door."

"All in favor?" Jughead asked, raising his hand.

The Serpents raised theirs instantly. Sweet Pea cleared his throat, looking at Landon and Colton who looked to me before raising their hands as well. Kurtz slowly looked behind him, seeing that he was the only one not in agreement. Without a word, he slowly made his way to the door.

"Good riddance," FP said, watching the door close.

Beside me, Sweet Pea clapped his hands together, a smile on his face. "Sweet. Do we get to carry guns?"

"Seriously?" I asked, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Absolutely not," FP replied quickly.

"No," Jughead echoed, a small smile on his face.

After FP gave everyone more information about the training process and what they could expect, we left as a group, headed for the former Gargoyle lair Jughead had decided to clean up and repurpose as the new Serpent HQ. It was definitely not going to be a replacement for the Whyte Wyrm, but considering Tent City was slowly emptying out as the Serpents found more permanent lodging and the Joneses prepared to move into the Cooper house, somewhere new was needed.

"Abigail, Sweet Pea, wait up!" Reggie called from behind us. We stopped, waving the others on as we waited for him to catch up. "I've texted you like four times already, why haven't you answered?" he asked, looking at me.

"My screen's kind of busted and it makes it hard to do much of anything," I replied.

"Not even the best screen protectors on the market can stand up to you when you're pissed," Sweet Pea said with a small smile. "What's the emergency, Mantle?"

"I need to borrow your girlfriend."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "For what, exactly?"

"Come on, Abigail, please," Reggie pleaded. "I need someone to talk to who will give it to me straight. You're the only one who will do that."

I glanced up at Sweet Pea who shrugged. "It's your choice, come with me and the rest of the Serpents or go with Mantle."

"You mean clean out a drug-infested abandoned house or hang out somewhere much cleaner and talk to a friend," I corrected with a smile. "Sorry, Sweet Pea, but I'm gonna have to go with the second option."

"Thank you!" Reggie cheered. "I'll keep an eye on her for you, man."

"You better," Sweet Pea warned before leaning down to press a kiss against my lips. "I'll see you at home."

I watched him walk down the hall before turning back to Reggie. "So, where to, the student lounge? Unless you just really want to stand in the hall."

"Actually, do you mind going back to my place?" he asked. "I'd rather not have to keep looking over my shoulder."

A short time later I sat on Reggie's bed, watching him pace back and forth. What was with people in Riverdale? I'd never seen so many people pace around the room before talking as everyone did here. "So, you and Veronica really turned the speakeasy into a casino?" I asked, breaking the silence.