The part where the toughest fight is fought - Krishna

Start from the beginning

Rajmata Kunti shook her head and a smile fleetingly graced her face. "I know, Krishna. The mother in me knows. But it has been a while since both Balaram and you are away from Dwarika. I wondered."

The perils of being the royalty; a twisted smile maligned Krishna's beautiful face for a moment.

A mother's sentiment vied with a queen's duties even as her son lay prone. Krishna did not judge his Bua Kunti's words, but rather marvelled at her strength of character.

Placing duty before emotions did not come easy but it was certainly to be appreciated. Appreciable it was indeed, but Krishna rather delighted in Parth's contrary nature. His friend led with his emotions and the rest came only latter, much latter.

"What is the smile for?" Rajmata Kunti had a twinkle in her eyes and Krishna caught her in an impulsive embrace.

"Just stray thoughts, Bua. Just stray thoughts."

Very soon the only people left in the room were Nakul, Sahadeva and Krishna with Prince Bheem having been dispatched along with Rajmata Kunti to ensure that she rested for a while.

Krishna had ambled over to Arjun's bedside again and kept dragging his fingers through the Prince's sweaty locks, trying to impart some comfort and taking the time to settle his thoughts.

It had been more than a day since he had last delved into Arjun's subconscious mind. The time frame has been too long and he had only limited ways of knowing what his friend might be facing. Maharishi Vey Vyas had been fairly certain that the remedy would take care of the arrow's curse to a great extent and some of it would also work to heal Arjun's psyche.

But only some of it.

Maharishi had been of the same opinion as Krishna; Parth would need to be the primary initiator in defeating the demons of his mind; very literally.

Even as the thoughts rushed in, clamouring and huddling, Krishna felt his mind brushing against Parth's, the tendrils of thoughts between them reaching out and pulling the other into figurative whimsical embraces. It was akin homecoming; Parth's mind reached out to Krishna's with equal parts of desperation and devotion.

Krishna was not fully certain whether his friend's body could withstand any overtures at this moment but nevertheless, kept sending in wave on wave of healing emanations. Arjun's body, already exhausted from the pain filled healing, had its final strings cut loose as Krishna's aura soothed him, and the Dwarakadhish felt his friend slip into a deeper sleep.

"Krishna?"

A hand was placed on his shoulder and Krishna looked up to met Yudhistira's gaze which roved anxiously from his face to Arjun's. The Samrat looked considerably younger with his hair flying free without being weighed down by the heavy crown and he was looking considerably less tired.

"Pranipat Jyestha." With a slight tilt of his head, Krishna greeted the eldest Pandava.

"Phalgun?"

"Parth is...not in as much pain as before. But he is yet to regain his consciousness."

"But Bhrata Arjun did grab a hold of my hand, Jyestha!" Sahadeva rushed over, his hand held up with as much pride as he would hold his axe and with a smile radiating his face; Krishna felt a stirring of solace at this sight of sterling happiness lighting up the visage of the youngest Pandava.

"Really?"

Yudhistira held Sahadeva's wrist with careful gentleness and reached out with his other hand to cup his youngest brother's face.

"Did Arjun truly react, Deva? Nakul?"

"He did, Jyestha. He did." Nakul had come forward and with a delighted laugh, Yudhistira dragged both his brothers into an embrace; Krishna's heart fluttered at the sight and for a moment, he yearned for his Dau.