𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞 𝗛𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗟

Start from the beginning

      AALIYAH MERRIGAN S.
Aaliyah Merrigan, a 16-year-old girl so childish she was voted most immature pogue, beating her best friend JJ Maybank by a landslide. Aaliyah relishes in the fortunes of being a kid, and she has no plan to stop now that school is out and summer is in.

Witty jokes and sarcastic comments are all Aaliyah plans to worry about this summer after coming back from a trip abroad... until Pope Heyward confesses his feelings for her.

Pope's confession makes Aaliyah spiral. Like a light switch being turned on without warning, the girl begins to take notice of her own feelings in flashes, and her view on Pope change. Now, Aaliyah doesn't like change—truth be told, she despises it—and it will ultimately lead her to breaking her best friend's heart on multiple occasions, in fear of that exact change.

The fear of change comes from a dark past Aaliyah has never spoken aloud of to her fellow Pogue friends, and she grows cruel through her words and actions as a way to avoid that painful trip down memory lane.

But if Pope can see past her cruel and untrue words, if he can stand strong and see her fears, if he can assure her and show her change isn't always a bad thing, she might be able to accept that all change isn't bad change.

'Cause what is love without change?

      MARINA L. DE LOUGHERY.
At only 17 years old, Marina L. De Loughery has already helped thousands of people across all states of the US.

Born in a foreign country and adopted by one of the most wealth-soaked families in Charleston, Marina uses her parents' money to help people in need after natural disasters. From hurricanes to earthquakes, she will be there to help the ones affected, the ones who cannot afford to fix the damages nature has caused.

Every year she knows Outer Banks will become one of her destinations, as the island she has come to love always suffers when the weather blows hot during the summer. So there's no surprise to her when Bobby Heyward calls, and arranges for her to come to Outer Banks before Hurricane Agatha strikes.

Marina expects a quiet trip to the obx to help people restore what has been damaged... until she crosses paths with Rafe Cameron.

With a sweet smile and a mischievous glint in his eyes, Rafe easily charms his way into Marina's heart. But the boy she comes to love quickly changes, his mind going down a dark path she's afraid to follow.

Marina's kindhearted nature and wish to see the good in everyone drives her to search for the boy she fell for at the start of summer. Following him proves to be a dangerous choice, as she finds herself bending her morals and sacrificing everything she stands for to defend the choices he himself makes.

But what is love without sacrifice?