Chapter 14 - The Sports Festival V

Start from the beginning

(Hana no kokyu, Ni no kata: Mikage Ume)

Cutting and deflecting all the vines coming at me, I leapt forward to face Shiozaki herself.

"Neither do I."

Surprised, Shoizaki suddenly sent out a barrage of vines. They held me loosely, as I still managed to stand on the ground. Thinking that she had won, Shiozaki moved closer to me. Finding the perfect opportunity, I quickly used my blade to cut most of the vines. Grasping the remaining ones tightly, I flung Shiozaki out of bounds.

"Shiozaki is out of bounds! The winner is... Kocho Y/N!"

"Impossible... how did she..." I could hear Shiozaki mumbling from where I was standing. I just turned away.

"Such strength! She made that look like it was nothing!"

I trekked over to where Shiozaki was. Lending hand that she accepted, I pulled her up and shook her hand

"Well played."

-------

"Hey, where is Kocho? Didn't she just finish her match? She should be back in the stands." Kirishima asked, looking around in confusion.

"Wait a minute, your right. Where is she?" Midoriya also started searching.

For the next while, a great majority of Class 1-A was calling around and searching for me. I chuckled to myself as I watched them from my perch.

"Just where is she? I'm sure she would have heard our calls by now," Mina was stomping around the entire stadium with a few of the girls in tow, trying to find a glimpse of anyone with purple on them, black hair, or average height.

"What if she's up higher? We all saw her on the screen earlier," Uraraka suggested, pointing up.

"Now that you mention it, it does seem more likely for her to be at a higher level," Yaoyaorozu mused, searching closer to the rooftop for someone.

"Wait, isn't that..." Hagakure attempted to point towards a certain glimpse of my feet, but none of the girls could see clearly to where she was pointing. Frustrated, she grabbed Mina's arm and pointed me out. "There!"

"How in the world did she get up there?! I doubt there's any staircase or ladder that goes that high..."

"She must have jumped all the way up there, she can go super high. You've seen her jump before!"

"How are we going to get to her? We can't disturb the people sitting there..."

"I can't use my quirk either! It would cause too much attention!" Uraraka groaned.

I turned to where all the commotion was, then spotted the group of girls. Chuckling to myself, I jumped down a few steps away from where they were, and walked towards them.

"Need help... figuring out a solution?"

They all jumped back a full metre, then realized it was me.

"Kocho-san, how in the world...? Nevermind. What were you doing up there?" Yaoyaorozu asked.

I shrugged. "It's too loud down here. It gives me more peace of mind up there. I'm alone, and the air is fresh."

The girls looked at each other because of my short answer, but nonetheless accepted it as a explanation.

"Well, we just wanted to congratulate you for your win! But also, please tell someone before you go somewhere. Half of the class is still searching for you!" Mina exclaimed.

I gave a half-smile. "Alright I will. Thank you. You can inform the others now. If you'll excuse me... I have somewhere to get to." I gestured towards the roof, and we nodded goodbyes.

Jumping back up to the roof, I settled down again. I found that the wind seemed stronger, yet... ah. It had some tracings of elemental power.

"Barbatos... guide me."

-------

It seems you sensed me after all. You're getting better at this, Y/N.

I still have much to learn from all of you.

That is true, but you have mastered more power than anyone has in the past eternity.

Please, you flatter me too much, as do the rest of the Seven.

Nonsense. Since when has our disciple ever been complimented too much?

Barbatos, what do you think you're doing?

Greetings, Morax.

Too you as well, Y/N. How have things been? And by that I mean without Barbatos.

Hey, isn't that a little mean?

Morax ignored Barbatos' comment.

Fairly well, thank you. I am now participating in the UA Sports Festival.

Ah, already? It seems that time does indeed fly past.

Morax, you're just getting old...

6000+ years isn't that bad, Barbatos. Others have experienced more than just the Archon War.

Are you saying that I didn't participate in the Archon War? Just what rubbish are you spouting from the old mind of yours?

Barbatos...

Why, don't you two pipe down a little. I'll start first. Lord Barbatos, why have you joined the breeze today?

I was finding it rather pleasant where you are at the moment, so it only seems right for me to join you. Also, drop the pleasantries, please. There is no use or need to call me 'Lord.'

I see, very well, thank you. Morax, where are the rest of the Seven?

The Tsaritsa has business to attend to in Snezhnaya, as does Beelzebub in Inazuma. Buer is collecting her thoughts, and Focalors is slumbering. The Hydro Soverign is temporarily taking her place. Murata has not yet been heard of, so it is just Barbatos and I off-duty.

I see, and what of the others?

They're training, as usual. But don't they train you when you're more... secluded? In-training? In need of physical support?

You got that part right. I was just wondering why they're absent for this conversation.

Isn't it almost your second round? You should get going. You've been meditating for too long.

There is no such thing as meditating for too long, Barbatos.

For me there is! How in Teyvat do you last so long just breathing and staying still.

I think that's because you enjoy socializing so much, Barbatos...

I believe that Y/N is correct. You also spend a great majority of your time visiting the taverns in Mondstadt, wasting away on alcohol...

Hmph! Says you, Morax. You mumble around all day talking about osmanthus wine.

*sigh* This is why I don't want to drink alcohol...

Ahem, I believe it is your time to get going, Y/N. Until our next conversation.

Indeed, farewell you two.

Byeeee!

-------

I opened my eyes, squinting as I tried to adjust to the light and noises again.

'Guess its time for my round.'

Then I jumped off the roof and raced towards the waiting rooms.

-------

A/N: Writer's. Block. I swear, I hate it. I get it like everytime I finish a chapter. Worse thing is, I can actually think of ideas, but they're all for future chapters, never current ones. Sorry for taking so long, I actually speed wrote this right before exam prepping. Suffering is my life, and will forever be. Hope you liked the chapter!