Tommy was already aware that Charlotte had walked into the betting shop, just by the reaction of all the men inside. It was a mix of men who looked at her as if she was eye candy and others who looked slightly intimidated by her presence, a reaction that only Charlotte would receive.
"morning scud" charlotte smiled "morning lotts, Tommy's in there" scudboat replied, however he bit his lip as the colour drained from his face at the last bit of his statement. Charlotte only chuckled and shook her head "don't worry". It wasn't the first time that had happened, however she couldn't blame anyone, it was purely habit for Tommy's men to direct her towards him, it was what they always had done.
Scanning the shop for polly, Charlotte was interrupted by Tommy who had stepped out of his office, having seen the whole interaction.
"you okay Lottie?" he questioned,not taking his icy blue eyes off of her for a second. "have you seen pol?" "she's at the shops, she'll be back soon" he replied, watching as she lightly nodded her head. "i'm going back to London today" she sighed, watching as his face faltered slightly before he glanced round now noticing the small audience they had received, all most likely curious at what was being said. He simply gestured his head towards his office door, charlotte following him with a sigh. "i know what your thinking, just because i'm going back to London doesn't mean i'm going back to him." she spoke as he shut the door behind her "I've made sure he won't contact you again, you don't have to worry about him" he nodded, almost reassuring himself "is he okay?" she frowned, growing slightly concerned.
"he's not dead" he bluntly replied, the pair both aware that he wasn't to happy about that. "but you've hurt him?" she sighed, picking at her cuticles.
"he hurt you" he swiftly replied this time, as if his actions were more then justified. As charlotte watched her ex lover, she couldn't help but feel a pit form in her stomach at the pure hurt that radiated off him anytime he was in her company. "are you okay tommy?" she frowned, biting her lip. Taken aback slightly by her question, he sighed heavily glancing out the office window's for a split second, now noticing half of the betting shop looking in. In a matter of seconds he shut all the blinds of his office, the pair now sharing an intense amount of deja vu as they met each other's gazes the tension in the room now taking a different form. Whilst doing so the majority of the betting shop held smirks and whispers at the action, assuming something else was taking place inside his office.
"you haven't answered my question" charlotte broke the silence, not removing her eyes from his. "i am" he sighed, although charlotte knew he was lying, of course she did. "your lying" she sighed "i want you to be okay tommy" she bit her lip, almost feeling wrongfully responsible. "do not blame yourself charlotte" he firmly but gently spoke, it was genuinely amazing how well the pair could read each other.
"i don't, i just wish this didn't happen and we wouldn't be having this conversation" she shakily sighed, scowling herself for already fighting back tears. "if i could take it all back i would, and i'm so sorry Lottie" he rasped, his voice holding foreign emotion. "i know you are, but it's done"
she bit her lip once again, glancing down at her hands to avoid her tears falling. "don't get upset Lottie" he sighed, stepping towards her and wiping a tear that unfortunately did fall. Charlotte's breath hitched at the gesture, the proximity between the pair now significantly smaller. "and look at you now eh? you wouldn't of gone off and done all of that if i was still holding you down here" he attempted to reassure her, in all honesty he knew full well she was better off without him regardless of how much he wanted her back. "you weren't holding me down tommy, i was in love" she shrugged, meeting his gaze. "if it meant things could return to how they were, i would give it all up in a heartbeat" she admitted, her voice appearing more raspy then usual, displaying the emotion she was attempting to withheld. Tommy bit his lip in pure regret,it wasn't so much because of her words but because he was seeing the extent of her hurt now.
Commanding all her will power to look his way once more, he closed the distance between them, wiping another stray tear. "can you answer a question for me Lottie?" he hoarsely spoke,tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "yes" she weakly nodded "are you still in love with me?"
swallowing thickly at his question, she bit her lip as she pondered on her thoughts.
yes.yes.and yes.
in fact ever since i first saw you again i haven't thought of anything but you.
"i don't think so tommy" she responded, just above a whisper.
"good" he nodded "good?" she repeated, utterly confused.
"i don't want you falling back in love with me Lottie, i'm no good for you" he truthfully spoke, of course if he was being selfish his response would of been completely different.
As if he could of made this any harder for her, tommy and his fucking gentleman ways. This was the old tommy, her tommy.
Taking a step towards her, he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "don't do this tommy" she pleaded, her eyes now bloodshot with tears. Stepping away at her request, he sighed heavily in an attempt to dissipate all of his own emotions.
"go and do what you do best lottie, you need anything please come to me" he rasped, displaying his concern.
"i will tommy" she nodded heading to the door, glancing back at him one last time before she left,wincing at the loud thud that came from his office as she made her way to the front door, eye's flooded with tears.

Stood next to Alfie, Charlotte smiled and thanked all the individuals that complimented her talents after her performance that night, you name it, politicians, members of the royal family, gangsters, ridiculously wealthy men all contaminated the packed club that night and single handedly made it their mission to converse with Charlotte Windsor. Everyone was aware of her, and it stunned her even now. "Alf" charlotte attempted to let him know that she was planning on leaving very soon, she still wasn't in the mood for social gatherings after what had happened with Tommy yesterday and quite frankly all she wanted was her own bed. Although, of course she was interrupted with yet another tap on her shoulder. "Miss Windsor" one of the many wealthy men that had conversed with her that night had returned, a couple behind him. "i'd like to introduce you to one of my associates,he's here with his fiancé." he continued earning a false smile and a nod of her head. "It's lovely to meet you Miss Windsor" a wealthy american shook her hand "this is my fiancé, Grace Burgess" almost choking on thin air, Charlotte tried with all her might to keep a straight expression. "Charlotte" grace nodded, her false and polite facade making it's return. In all honesty Charlotte fought the urge to go for her right there and then, unleashing the years of anger, however of course her "reputable" self couldn't do that, it was one of the downside's of fame.
"grace" she bluntly replied, not even an inch of a smile on her face. "you two have met?" her partner perplexed. "we used to work together" charlotte simply added, they were nothing but acquaintances anyway. "perhaps we could have a conversation charlotte, for old times sake" grace smiled, of course it was an disingenuous one at that.
"for old times sake" charlotte nodded bitterly, nodding over to Alfie who had recognised the woman's name from the stories Charlotte had told him.
"did you enjoy the show?" charlotte questioned as they made their way away from unwelcome ears.
"i did, don't get on your high horse though charlotte" she scoffed.
there's the grace we all know and love.
"there wouldn't of been a show if it wasn't for me sweetheart" she sarcastically smiled, completely uninterested in the conversation.
Rolling her eyes, grace glanced round to ensure her partner was unable to hear her before continuing.
"what did you do to him that was so soul shocking, he's never been able to get over you?" she abruptly questioned, taking charlotte by surprise.
"excuse me?" she frowned in response
"tommy" grace clarified, watching as charlotte fought a shudder at his name even leaving her mouth, inviting unwanted memories.
"grace, if your asking this because you'd rather have tommy by your side tonight instead of your fiancé, then that's a conversation you should be having with him, i'm not with tommy and haven't been since i left, it's nothing to do with me, he's all yours."
she firmly stated, confidence radiating off of her as she spoke. "is that all?"
she further questioned, amusingly watching as the blonde now stood speechless. "i'll be off now grace, lovely seeing you again" she sarcastically smiled once more, before leaving her stood alone as she made her way towards the exit.

Reaching the outside of the club, she sighed heavily at the series of events that have happened the past couple of days. Regret. She should of stayed well away from Small Heath, because as it seems it's brought everything else back into her life with it.
Cursing herself underneath her breath at the fact that Alfie was meant to take her home, and now she was walking down a dark alleyway instead in hopes to avoid the crowds who recognised her, she picked up her pace at the sound of unwanted footsteps behind her. Glancing back every so often she found herself growing heavily uneasy at her current state of affairs, she was pulled out of her thoughts rather rapidly by two men harsh fully restraining her from moving, revealing a third man who was now stood in-front of her.
"you know i wasn't to surprised your security made it this easy to get to you, i was surprised that Tommy made it this easy though" the man hauntingly chuckled, as she attempted to free herself from their hold.
"what are you fucking doing?" she frantically questioned, feeling their grip tighten as she spoke.

"Darby Sabini, Nice to meet you"

-

once again so sorry for the slow updates, i've been so busy😫
as soooonn as i can i'll make sure they return to every day. enjoy🫶