[1] Life of the Retired Beater

Start from the beginning

Realizing he was staring at her for too long, Izuku blushed and looked the other way before saying, "Sorry, it's just, your outfit, looks very pretty on you. It even brings back some good memories"

Wondering what he was talking about, Ochaco looked down at the clothes she was wearing. For the cold winter, she was wearing a pink sweater, black skirt, thick black stockings on her legs, and white sneakers. It didn't take her long to realize that she was wearing the exact colors of her old costume her avatar wore nearly every day in My Hero Online.

"Wow, look at that, you're right. No wrist gauntlets though," she said rubbing her wrists. While doing it, she eyed Izuku up and down and gave a playful smirk. "But you're one to talk mister Jade Rabbit"

Looking down at himself, he realized he too was sporting his old colors from My Hero Online with his green color and red shoes. Izuku chuckled before saying, "Yeah, what are the odds?"

Ochaco on the other hand noticed the sweat on his face despite the cold air, so she moved close to him, up to his face, and stared straight into his eyes. Izuku's mouth trembled before finally giving in and said, "I uh, just loaded my laundry this morning"

"Don't let your laundry pile up mister," she said jokingly jabbing him disapprovingly on the shoulder, then slipping her hand around his arm while giggling.  "Still, it's funny how we're dressed in our old signature colors today" 

"I mean, if we see each other every day..." he said only to feel a finger land on his lips, causing him to shut up.

"You do know that was a rhetorical question right?" she asked before taking her finger off his lip. As Izuku blushed in embarrassment, Ochaco giggled even more before pulling his arm.

"C'mon, let's go already," she said dragging him away by the arms. 

"Okay, okay," Izuku said allowing her to drag him away. As they walked over the bridge over the waterway, they were heading towards Hibiya Park. The imperial gate, which was white and traditional, was lit by the already reddish western sun, throwing black shadows over the bridge. Despite it being a Sunday, the cold weather kept the tourist crowds away. They passed a police officer in a heavy coat and went through the gate to a little checkpoint, where they took plastic entrance tickets. After the silver fence, they found themselves amid tiny woods that were so peaceful. It was Ochaco's idea to go somewhere on Sunday, but it was Izuku's suggestion that they meet outside the Imperial Palace gate. Naturally, it was her first time visiting since she was from the countryside. As they made their way along the wide path, she was struck by a sudden curiosity and turned to the boy at her right.

"So, why'd you choose here for our date spot?" she asked causing Izuku to look at her surprised as she held onto his hands. Since it was still cold, they would normally stay close to each to keep the other warm.

"Oh well, I just thought that you'd find the palace kind of interesting and all," Izuku said answering.

"Interesting? How so?" Ochaco asked back in return. Izuku then smiled and reached out with his right hand and pointed at the thick trees surrounding them.

"It is 2 kilometers in length and 1.5 kilometers in width, covering 20% of Chiyoda ward. No tunnels or subways are running under it, and planes are not permitted to fly overhead. This zone is a huge restricted area in the heart of Tokyo, which is isolated not only physically but also information-wise," he explained before pointing up, at a nearby lamp post. At least, that's what Ochaco thought it was with the orb shape at the top until Izuku spoke up and said, "That right there is a security camera. This place has its own unique closed network, and you can't access it from outside at all.

"Wait, that's a camera?" she said looking at a surprise. "Kind of weird looking don't you think? And I thought it was a Lamppost?

"Heh, heh, yeah. I thought it was one too when I first saw it but when I took a closer look, I realized the way it was," he said while still looking at the camera. "Not only is this place in the middle of Tokyo, but it's also its own, isolated world. There's also..."