Chapter 2

I woke up to carter screaming something about being late for school "Ash get up!". I groaned and got up. I took a shower and slid on one of my band tees and a pair of black skinny jeans."Im ready!" I yelled as i walked out to the car. "Are you ready Ash" Carter asked climbing into the car "No I am not, What if i hurt someone?" Carter sighed and passed me a bottle "Drink it" I looked at her in confusion "Just drink it ash" I shrugged my shoulders and drank it.Carter tried to take it from my hands but i couldnt stop drinking it .Carter finally got it from me when it was half empty "God Ash" "Carter give it back" I whined "Nope you need it to last you the whole day and I dont even know if there is enough left" I looked at Carter until I figured out what she just gave to me "Carter you did not" I said looking at her with wide eyes "I dont know what your talking about" She stated smirking at me "You have to be kidding me!" I yelled. I leaned my head on the window watching the trees fly by. Once we got back to the school Carter tried to hand me the bottle again I refused and started to walk away. She took the lid off. I smelt it and my vampire side kinda took over because next thing i remember was Carter trying to rip the bottle away from me but i wasnt letting go. She reached for it again and I grabbed her collar and pinned her to a wall. I looked into her eyes and saw a mixture of fear and anger. I finally came to my sense and set her back on the ground "Sorry Carter I didnt mean to I was...um I don't have any excuse for that I'm sorry" she sighed " It's ok babe just next time give me the bottle before I rip out your fangs" I knew she was upset with me because I won't drink blood but when i do I'm like a totally different person. I walked into the school and we met up with some of carter's friends and talked until a girl with blonde and blue hair pulled me aside "um hi" I said nervously it was like something was telling me to hug her and never let go. "Hi I know what you are and who you are I will not be your soulmate and tell Carter that too ok?" "um I..um..I" "oh god no come on talk to me here come on ash don't be..." "Haley what the hell are you doing to ash!" she was cut off be Carter running over "oh shut up Carter I'm just talking to her" "Haley just put her down and.walk away your scaring her and you don't want to see her mad" "why is little Ash gonna bite me?" Haley asked laughing.I smirked "hey that's a good idea Haley." Haley looked at me with horror before tighting her grip around my neck "I will kill you,you little bitch got it " I looked over at Carter then looked at Haley's hand, she looked confused before she finally figured out what I asking "oh god no Haley move your hand now!" but before she could I had already bit into her hand.Haley yelped in pain. Carter tried to pull me off but Haley's blood just tasted so good "hey Shh babe you know you don't want to hurt me you wanna let go and walk away can you do that for me ash?" Haley whispered into my ear. I pulled my fangs out of her hand and looked from her hand to her face. She was paler then she was before I bit her she smiled a pained smile at me before passing out "Carter..." I turned around to look at carter but she was gone. I took Haley's limp body in my arms and ran outside. I didn't see Carter's car so I ran home as fast as I could and ran up to my room. I shut my door and locked it. I looked at het body trying to think if what to do before I finally got and idea. I brought my wrist up to my mouth and cut it with my teeth. I gently opened Haley's mouth. and first the blood was just flowing into her mouth until she woke up and latched onto my wrist. I just let her drink for a bit before she pushed my wrist away from my mouth and looked at me " Haley...um I'm really sorry I shouldn't have bit you I didn't think about.." I was cut by her putting her hand over my mouth "ash shut up its fine all that matters is.that you helped me I am happy I really am but that doesn't mean we can be together because I mean I am like really old and judging from your look you a newborn and would be 20 about now am I wrong?" I nodded my head she looked at me with sad eyes. I went to go speak but I was interupted by my door flying open and a very angry Carter standing there "Ash why the hell did you run off!" "I was scared Carter I hurt her I had to help" I whispered "Carter lifted me off the ground and hugged me "You scared me Ash I went to go get someone to help but when we got back you were gone" she let go of me and walked over to Haley and pinned her to the wall she yelped. she wasnt able to fight back "This is your fault Haley she wasn't this bad until you tried to talk to her!" Carter hissed.I could feel the anger boiling inside of me I was trying to think until Haley voice pulled me out of my thoughts " Ash it's ok I'm not hurting just calm down alright breath in and out" I tried to calm down but I couldn't I hadn't realized I closed my eyes until I opened them again I looked at Carter who still had Haley pinned to a wall "Carter put Haley down before you do hurt her" I heard a voice say I didn't know who it was until both girls looked at me in horror Carter set Haley down on the ground "Haley your an older vampire what the hell is going on with her!" I heard Carter yell "You tried to hurt me" Haley said in a 'duh' voice. I walked over to Haley and hugged her she seemed taken back until she hugged me back I buried my face into her neck. "Haley what do you mean I tried to hurt you she has never cared when I hurt people before what different now you hate her?"After Carter said that Haley hated me I couldn't hold it back anymore I started to cry quietly into Haley's neck " awww Carter you made her cry that's not very nice". " I'm sorry Haley I didn't mean to make you hate me" I whispered "Ash why don't you get us a snack so I can talk to Carter ok?" I jumped out of her arms and ran downstairs.