Chapter 20: Looming Darkness

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The little girl then stopped her cries and looked at the sorcerer with a soft gaze and a smile.

"Then.. please be safe." She said. "And one day, I'll come to see you."

"See me..?" Y/n echoed. "Rio... I'll be going somewhere beyond your reach so-"

"But if Onii-chan can go there, then I can too!" She cheered. "After all, I'm Onii-chan's Imōto!"

Y/n gasped in surprise manner while the rest giggled softly. The sorcerer then smiled softly in response, realizing that there's a chance to travel between world.

"Wait for me, okay?" Y/n requested. "Once everything is done, I'll definitely come back here. And then, I'll take everyone with me."

"Really!?" She cheered.

"Really."

Rio then proceed to jump to his laps, and they embraced each other in caring manner.

.
.
.
.
.

Time has passed since Y/n and his team departed from Erisen. They flew across the sky, heading toward Haltina Sea of Trees while the sorcerer is mesmerizing a sea shell on his hand. It is a good luck charm that was given by Rio, and she also gave it to the rest.

"Y/n-sama, a battle is taking place below us."

They all looked down below to find a group of bandits attacking people inside a magic barrier.

They observed them and impressed how the people in the barrier are holding up despite being outnumbered

They observed them and impressed how the people in the barrier are holding up despite being outnumbered. The bandit tried to break it, but Y/n noticed that the barrier is almost as strong the one on Heiligh kingdom. The bandit couldn't do anything but to get shot with magic from inside the barrier, but they're persistent.

Suddenly, Y/n's eyes widened in surprise manner for recognizing a certain priest and a knife wielder. He jumped off and dived down to the battle. He raised Kamutoke to the air before swinging it down, scorching the entire bandits with torrent of lightning.

The people in the barrier gasped in shock as they witnessed the bandits leave nothing but charred spots where they were standing. Y/n landed safely on the ground before twirling his weapon and kept it away. The magic barrier then shattered, and Y/n gazed to the people and found an exhausted and surprised Yuka.

"Y/n.."

She's about to approached Y/n but suddenly lost her balance. The sorcerer moved in a blinding speed and caught her into his embrace.

"You did well, Sonobe."

Yuka gathered her strength to look up and met with the sorcerer's gaze. "Y/n.."

Nue landed gently nearby and unintentionally made the people anxious due to its horrific face and large size. Krul jumped up from the Shikigami and landed on the middle of the people before casting a wide-range healing magic. The injured are healed immediately by the gentle light, and the priest approached Y/n with a hooded figure.