Chapter 2. Knight to Remember

Years Earlier...

   On one of those really bad days, Angel Dust found himself struggling to fix his car. Having failed to get it moving up until now, the Spider Demon Angel Dust speaks into his phone saying "Aw fuck. I've been at this for an hour." He wipes away sweat from his face. "If I didn't have multiple pairs already, I'd say I need an alternate set of hands here."

   Cherri Bomb, the voice at the other end of the phone conversation, says "I can head over there and pick you up now if you want. Save you the trouble of having to fix that thing."

   "No. No, It's fine," Angel says. "I...I'm just..." He lets out a breath. "...A little frustrated."

   "Are you sure?" Cherri persists.

   "Yeah. Anyways I...I don't wanna bother you too much."

   In response, Angel's friend calmly says "Angel...you do understand that if you stay over there much longer that it could get dangerous for you? That car might be more trouble than it's worth."

   Then Angel makes a sarcastic remark. "Yeah right. Says the broad who lives for danger."

   "Valid point, but...that being said tho I'm built for the nightlife, mate. Can't say the same about you."

   "Sure. Whatever. Whatever you say, Cherri." Angel looks to the nearby sidewalk and he sees a tall-looking fella with glowing blue eyes and pale white skin making his way toward a motorcycle with a blade-less sword hilt fastened to it's side. The stranger wears a brown trench coat and a gray mask that looks like the upper portion of a human skull. The sight of this man catches Angel's attention and or curiosity as the spider demon says silently "Oh wow. That's a nice visual right there."

   "Uhm...Angel, what's going on?" Cherri Bomb questions as she clearly overheard what her effeminate friend just said.

   Flustered, Angel replies to Cherri saying "Oh uh...n-nothing, Cherri. It's fine. I'm just...looking for...someone who can help-." Before the spider demon can finish his sentence, the unknown person gets on the bike, puts the key into the ignition, and revs up the engine. Angel's response is immediate. He exclaims "Holy Fuck! That Guy's Hot!"

   "Oh my god." Cherri replies. "Are we really doing this again? This is the second time this week."

   Struggling to find words to say to the one-eyed demon on the other end of the conversation, Angel says "Uhh...I don't know what you're talking about. I'll uh...I'll call you back." He hangs up the phone, then runs over to the unknown person and says "Hey um...sir? Sir, could you do me a quick favor?" The stranger looks at Angel, and the effeminate fellow keeps talking. "I'm havin a little bit of car trouble here and uh..."

   "Hmm? Car trouble?" the unknown person inquires.

   "Yeah. Could you help me out? Please?"

   "You do know what time it is...right?" the man points out. "Not a very good idea speaking to strangers on the street, especially where we're at."

   Angel shrugs his shoulders. "Ah you know...don't have much of a choice if I wanna get back to my apartment."

   The unknown person looks over and sees Angel's car which is clearly busted up. "Hm. That your car over there?" he asks.