1. Welcome to The Glade

"Back to the stars. Perhaps i'll find you there."

_____________________________

"Day one, Greenie, Rise and shine."

Screams of laughter, concern, and cheers echoed in the box he was in. Sun beams hit his forehead. Boxes surrounded him with the words, "WCKD", leaving him with barely any room to run, or hide. He couldn't remember anything. All of these components just made him feel the need to run,

He was grabbed out by a tall, strong looking man. He threw him carelessly into the large group of at least 50 boys, all of them insulting him. Except for maybe 5, and one short small boy who looked as though he wouldn't hurt a fly. It made him feel overwhelmed. Embarrassed, even. He was embarrassed in front of these boys he didn't even know. He got up, and started his dash. To where, exactly? He didn't know.

"Hey, we got a runner!"

Some blonde boy yelled. he couldn't exactly hear him very well. The laughter made his ears ring, so much so, he wasn't looking at the ground. Or, apparently, thinking, either.

He tripped on a root in the grass. He gave up. The mix of sweat and hot sun, and dirt swirling in his eyes made him feel weak. Small. What made it worse was the embarrassment growing by the second as they clapped, followed with cheers and laughs. Why did they think this was funny? Who were they?

He got up quickly, which definitely made him look desperate for an escape. He wasn't focused on the boys anymore. Just his surroundings.

Dark grey walls with vines creeping up to the top, with grass that looked overgrown, and not taken care of. Buildings, Well.. he wouldn't even call them that. They were made with wood.

Next thing he knew, was that he'd been thrown into some kind of makeshift jail. The bars made of wood, and tied together with a type of leaf. What was the scary thing? He couldn't remember anything. His parents, his favorite color, if he had siblings, his favorite food. Nothing. Not even his name.

"Hey!"

A deep voice startled him. a man stood before him.

"Hey there, greenbean. You're not going to run again. Okay? Good."

He didn't reply. His breath trembled like he was cold. He wasn't. He heard the door unlatch as he unlocked it and bent down to his knees.

"My name is Alby. Can you tell me about yourself?"

He sighed deeply. It angered him how he couldn't remember anything. He only wanted that. He played with his fingers in anxiety

"I can't remember anything.."

he said helplessly, his voice sounding tired and exhausted. Not just from the running. But from the situation. "Why can't I remember anything?"

Urgency filled his voice. Fear.

Alby continued to babble on about how it was normal. And how he should calm down. Yet, it didn't feel like that in this moment. Other than his name, there was another thing he was confused about. Along with many other questions, left with no answers.

"What is this place?" Thomas asked.

Alby reached his hand out, which made him seem like the only person who wanted to help him here.

"Let me show you."