Chapter 2: The neighbours

Ori:

Summer of the 70’s and I was ecstatic. Moving out and meeting new people is great.

I love seeing different kinds of people. I'm not an outgoing person though. Still, it's great to discover new things, meet new friends.

We arrived earlier than planned. I got out of the van with my sisters Anastasia and Atasia, who are couple years older than me.

Anastasia was 16 and Atasia was 18 and i am a 9 year old boy.

I hopped happily. I'm too excited to see what our house looks like.

I started singing a song but then i stopped.

I saw a little girl my age digging. “ What was she digging?

My parents taught me not to look at people's minor part. Maybe she just loves digging holes instead of doing what usual little girls do
to play with dolls or do makeup.

After fixing things inside our house my mom cooked food to give it to our neighbour as an offering hoping they can be friends.

I joined my mom and came to give them the food my mom prepared.

A lady welcomed us. Her voice was soft as she talked to us, she's friendly. My mom felt relief seeing how kind the neighbours were to us.

Then the lady started to introduce herself. Her name was Aliemere. She excused herself for a second and brought that kid i saw digging yesterday

She introduced herself to me; her name was Hesper.

“ What a great name” I told myself.

in return I did introduce myself to her

:Nice meeting you Hesper, I'm Ori Malliamor.

She didn't reply. Maybe she's shy.

That day I told myself to become friends with Hesper no matter what.

Everytime I ask her, and each time she keeps on putting some lame excuses.

“ Hey , Hesper, are you free? Let's play.”Ori

:”I need to do the assignment that was assigned to us Tania. It's due tomorrow.”Hesper

“Hesper, my mom cooked pie , here for you and your mom.”Ori

:” Maybe give it to Mom. I'm busy watering our plants.”Hesper

“She did water all her plants minutes ago. Why don't she say that she doesn't want to talk to me?”

“ I know that wasn't true, she's terrible at lying. Then I discovered that she reluctantly agreed when her mom was by her side. I have a great idea, why don't I ask her when she's with her mom?”

Gladly it was a success. she replied as usual when she's with her Mom.

“ Sure Thing.” which made me happy.

“ Why didn't I think of this idea years ago?”

She avoids me often in class because of that Mrs. Trixie.

She is nice though but she kept on asking questions to Hesper making her embarrassed in front of the class.

Like , Hey, how long have you known each other?”

“Was that a question to be asked by a teacher to her students? Besides, we're still kids back then.

I graduated elementary and started to enrolled highschool.

My mom put me to the same school as Hesper. That was a nice thing for me though.

7th grade started and was easily finished. Unfortunately, we're not in the same class.

“ How can we even be friends if we're not in the same class?”

Summer vacation went pretty well. My room window was in front of her window. It was always dark inside her room and was always locked.

One day that weird thing happened as I stared at the ceiling. I heard a loud unfamiliar music.

I know it's coming from Hesper’s room but how could it be? I don't even know that she listens to music.

But then as I walked to check where the song was from. I saw Hesper inside her room.

The windows were open. She's at her study table doing some stuff.

“What was she doing? Maybe she's sketching? studying? or something.

As I looked at her I saw how her eye's lightened at the dimness of her dark room.

Her  hair was moving because of the wind.

“ I didn't know she had such beautiful long hair.”

What was I even thinking? What's this feeling?

I often watched a lot of romantic movies but all those things can't even describe what I feel right now.

She saw me looking at her but I didn't mind. I kept on looking then she eventually walked outside her room pretending she didn't see me.

As summer days drifted into evenings, I found myself yearning to know the mysteries within Hesper's world.

That time I began to search for the song and found out it was I miss you so by Paul Anka.

As I played the song it created a vivid imagination of me with Hesper.

That time I saw her in their yard I was curious but I didn't know that I'd be  fascinated more about her.

8th grade started, the time I knew I and Hesper were classmates I was over the moon.

First day of class went well. I sat next to her.

I kept on asking her every question due to my curiosity. It might be annoying but that's the only thing I can do for her to talk.

Every weekend I kept on playing the song Hesper was listening to that day I saw her doing some sketches.

Until I saw her staring at my window vibing and annoyed by the same time.

But that wouldn't stop me, at least I got her attention.

Because of this song I saw things on Hesper Schutson that I didn't see before.

She seems to light up than usual

Maybe there are still more things I don't know about Hesper Schutson…..