Chapter One-Gravity Falls

Start from the beginning

People! Maybe they can help her find the town! She run in the direction of the voices and it doesn't take long for her see two figures, each about the height of a child. The girl notices Y/N first and bounds over to you.

"Hi! Why are you in the woods? What's your name?" She says excitedly. "I'm Mabel!"

"Sorry about her, she's always... well, she's always Mabel." The second person says, this one a boy. He seems to be older than the girl. Mabel was her name?

"I'm Dipper, Mabel's brother. What are you doing in the woods?" He looks at Y/N suspiciously. "Why is your face covered with dirt?"

Y/N remembers that she face planted earlier and realizes that her face must still be covered in mud and dirt. She brushes her face off some more and looks at the children.

"Uh... hi. I'm Y/N. Can you lead me back to town? I'm kind of lost."

Mabel and Dipper look at each other, Mabel is the first to speak to you again.

"Yeah! We can take you to the Mystery Shack!" She says, still in the cheerful voice.

Mabel begins skipping away, dragging Dipper with her, Y/N follows behind them both. After a few  moments of awkward silence, Dipper speaks up.

"You didn't answer my question before, why are you in the woods?"

"Oh yeah, a bird very rudely stole my wallet, so I chased after it. I got lost." Y/N replies. "Is it normal for birds to rob people around here?"

Neither of them answer, Dipper seems to be busy looking at something he's holding. Y/N peeks at what he's looking at. It seems to be a book of some kind. However, she wasn't able to get a good look before Dipper notices her snooping. He closes the book and puts it under his arm before turning to Y/N.

"I haven't seen you in town before, are you new here?" Man, this guy has done nothing but ask you questions.

"Yes, I'm new." Y/N responds. Mabel looks excited again.

"Really? Me and Dipper can show you around! Do you like boys too?"

Wow. These kids are all questions. Luckily, you didn't have to answer because the twins ran ahead and went into a building. There was a sign on the roof that said "Mystery Shack." The M had fallen off and was just laying in the roof. Y/N ran after the twins and went inside the shack.

Inside there was a counter and a bunch of weird items of many different kinds. Maybe Y/N could work here to get her money back and get a ride to the city. She followed the twins, who were talking to a grumpy old man.

"Grunkle Stan, could this lady stay with us? She's new!" Mabel's says, still in an energetic voice. Y/N was starting to think that she could never be tired with her yelling all the time.

"Wait, stay here?" That wasn't too bad of an idea, it's not like Y/N had a place to stay anyway. Now there's no reason she shouldn't work here, if she doesn't need to walk here to work.

"Hey, Stan was your name? I would also like to work here."

"Why should I hire you?" Stan said.

"Because I don't need high pay?" Y/N suggests.

"You're hired. Your first shift is tomorrow."

Great, now Y/N has a job and a place to stay until she can afford to get to the big city. Maybe today wasn't as bad as she thought.

"Hey Y/N? It's getting late, and Grunkle Stan will probably make you work early." Dipper said.

"Don't need to tell me twice." Y/N says. "Where can I sleep?"

"In our room, you can use a sleeping bag." Dipper says. "Follow me."

He leads you up the stairs and into a room. There are two beds, one on either side of the room. Dipper grabs a sleeping bag from under Mabel's bed. He then gives the sleeping bag to Y/N, who sets it up in between the two beds. Just then Mabel comes running up the stairs and jumps into her bed.

"This is like a sleepover! That's so cool!" She says. "Hey Y/N, do you want to make bracelets together?"

"Sorry Mabel, but I need to get sleep if I want to wake up for my shift in time." Y/N says. But even if she were to fall asleep now, there's still no way she would wake up on time.

"Aw, ok."

Y/N gets in the sleeping bag and tries to fall asleep, even after being lost in the woods for half a day, she still couldn't fall asleep. She sat up and looked at the twins. They were asleep already somehow. Y/N looks around the room and her eyes catch on the book that Dipper was reading earlier the same day, the book he didn't want her to see for some reason.

Rude of him, just for the record.

Y/N got out of the sleeping bag as quietly as she could and grabbed the book. She then sat on wood floor, not wanting to risk making too much noise by getting back in the sleeping bag. Y/N was able to get a good look at the book now, it had a maroon cover with a six fingered golden hand on it. She opened the book to a random page an took a look at it.

"What the-?"

1454 words