Chapter One,

Chanel's POV.
It was 2 a.m. and I was wide awake. I should really be asleep. Tomorrow is a big day. Tomorrow is the day I leave my country, Italy, for a few years. I was going to live with my godsister, Margaret, in Berlin.

I haven't seen Margaret in five years, but I remember her very clearly. She's pretty much the opposite of me. She's a girly girl, yet she isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. She's outgoing and very, veeeery talkative, and she gets really excited about things that she's passionate about. I'm more of an introvert who only goes out with people I'm comfortable around. I'm not easily excited, and I'm scared of my own shadow. I'm also very insecure about myself. Sometimes, I feel like I'm not good enough, but then I think of Stefan.

Stefan is my boyfriend, and he makes sure that I feel good enough about myself. He's always been there to help me work on what I need to do to feel good about myself. Even if it requires a few sacrifices. He also lives in Berlin. I haven't told him that I'm moving to Berlin. I wanted to surprise him.

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to scroll through Instagram. Scrolling down, I found out that Slovenia is set to release their song for Eurovision 2024 in two days. I grinned. I'm a pretty big Eurovision fan. I've followed the contest since 2011, which was the year Germany hosted the contest. Unfortunately, Germany hasn't done too well since. In 2018, my winner was Michael Schulte, and thankfully, he was an exception. He took fourth place!

I wonder who's going to represent Germany this year. I thought to myself. The announcement for the artists participating in des Deutsche Finale, Germany's selection process for Eurovision 2024, would be tomorrow afternoon. I wonder who will be on the list.

The time was now 2:30. I sighed. I thought time would pass faster as I was scrolling through Instagram, but I guess not. I decided to rest my head and try to get some sleep.

...

CHANEL! WAKE UP! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IN FIFTEEN MINUTES!!" My sister, Gaia, cried from her bedroom. I jerked awake. I yawned. I looked in the mirror across from the bed. I noticed my hair. It was a rat's nest. I groaned as I looked at my clock. 9:30.

"SHIT!!" I cried. My train would leave in a half hour. Thank God I packed last night. I jumped out of my bed, put on my outfit for the day, brushed my hair and teeth, and washed my face as fast as I could. After a record-breaking ten minutes of getting ready, I looked in the mirror. I definitely looked a lot better than the Sasquatch I saw in the mirror in my room.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check for messages. I got a message from Stefan.

"Don't forget to eat your salad today. Don't want you looking like a pig 😌"

I smiled. Stefan is so kind to look out for me. Gaia tapped me on the shoulder as I closed my phone.

"You need to dump him." Gaia sighed.

"Why do you keep saying this?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hmm... I don't know. Maybe because no guy with at least a little bit of respect for women calls their girlfriend a pig. He's an asshole. He's using you to make himself look better." Gaia spoke in a bit of an irritated tone. I got a bit heated. Gaia's always telling me to break up with Stefan, but he's the only one who makes me feel pretty enough! He loves me, and I love him!

"You're just jealous that you don't have him!" I raised my voice.

"I'm literally married with a kid on the way. Why would I be jealous of your love life?" Gaia groaned. "I'm just trying to look out for you."

"Well, I don't need you looking out for me. I can look after myself!" I groaned.

"Okay then. Don't say I didn't warn you." Gaia sighed.