Episode 9 - Start Of The Games

Start from the beginning

"Let's get our friends," Jesse declared.

We headed back over to Facemeat, who was still lounging by the Nether Portal. "Um, hello there," I greeted, causing him to stand up, holding his enchanted diamond axe. "Hey, Facemeat. Got some bread for ya,"

I pulled out the piece of bread and handed it to him. Facemeat sniffed it. "Bread, huh? It's not cake, but Facemeat IS starving. It's so warm. And full of carbs. Mmm, fresh bread,"

"Can you please get our friends?" Jesse asked.

Facemeat chuckled. "Facemeat appreciates the politeness. Hang on,"

He turned around and walked into the Nether Portal, snaking on the bread as he did so. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Ivor walking over to us. "Jesse, Crystal, hello,"

"Hey, Ivor," the two of us greeted back in unison as he stopped in front of us.

"There's been something I've been wanting to say... It's about how you two saved me back there in that game. I... I really appreciate it, Jesse, Crystal," Ivor struggled to get out, which caused our eyes to widen in surprise. "I... Ugh... I couldn't have done it without you two is what I'm trying to say,"

"Of course, we waved you, Ivor. We're friends," Jesse replied, causing me to hum and nod in agreement.

"Well... Yes. And I suppose that is very lucky for you, isn't it?" he stated.

I chuckled. "We're just glad you're in this with us, Ivor,"

"Me too... Friends," Ivor generally smiled.

"Here. Go away. Respawns,"

We looked over and saw Facemeat pushing Lukas and Petra out of the portal to our feet.

Lukas opened his eyes and smiled when he spotted us. "Chrissy! Jesse! Man, is it good to see you guys," he greeted, him and Petra getting up from the ground.

"You too, Luk-"

"Lukas!" I cried, cutting my brother off and pulling the blonde into a tight hug.

"Whoa," Lukas stumbled back, but returned the hug. "Crystal, it's okay, I'm in one piece,"

"I know..." I mumbled, sniffing. "I'm just glad you're okay,"

We pulled apart from the hug but still held each other's hands. "Me too... That I'm alive, and nothing happened to you and the others, of course,"

Petra's gaze meets Jesse's. "Jesse! I really hope you've got our stuff because I am not liking being armorless here,"

Jesse and I exchanged a look, the former rubbing the back of his neck. "So I guess that's a 'no' on my journal, too," Lukas asked.

"Don't worry, Lukas. I'm working on that. It's... Tricky though," I reassured him.

Petra sighed. "Give it to me straight. What did Harper get us into here?"

"Yeah... Harper is a tricky one..." Lukas agreed.

"Don't worry... We're just in this tournament where if we win, we get the Atlas and our ticket home," Jesse explained.

"Oh, well that's not so bad," Petra commented.

"Of course, if we lose, we... Um, spend an eternity mining for quartz through that portal," Ivor added.

"Nope. That is not anything I want," Lukas stated.

"Not only that, we'll lose our memories of Crystal. While she not only leaves this dimension for good, but she also loses her memories and feelings for Lukas," Ivor added.