The Cat Is Out Of The Bag

Shyam looked at the Raizadas with a wrinkled forehead.. where was everyone planning to go suddenly and what exactly was Manorama telling Lavanya? Fall sick before the engagement? As if sensing his confusion, Anjali walked up to him "Shyamji.. hum Khushiji ke ghar jaa rahe hai.." (Shyamji.. we are going to Khushiji's house)

Shyam tried to keep his panic from showing on his face "Naani unse milna chahti hai" (Naani wants to meet her) Shyam nodded his head, his eyes darting restlessly as he tried to come up with some excuse. 

He didn't have to think for long, because he was saved by the bell - literally. His phone rang, he showed the caller ID to Anjali making her heave a sigh, he excused himself after giving her an apologetic smile. Once he was inside his room he slumped back against the wall, relief washing over him.

"Saasuma.. Ek minute.. Hum abhi touch up karke aavat hai haan" (Mother in law.. One minute.. I will quickly touch up and come) Manorama said and made a show of going to get ready, while fervently praying that Devyani asks her to stay back.

Her prayers were answered immediately "Aapko humaare saat aane ki kono zaroorat naahi hai Manorama... Aap yehi pe rukhiye. Aaj Khushi bitiya naahi aayegi iska yeh matlab naahi hai ke ghar ma sagai ke kaam ruk jayegi. Jab tak hum wahan hoke aavat hai, aap Miss Kasyap ke saath mehmaano ka list banale" (There is no need for you to tag along with us Manorama.. You stay here itself.. Just because Khushi won't be coming today, doesn't mean that the engagement related work will be stopped at home. Until we go there and come back, you prepare the guest list along with Miss. Kashyap )

The actual reason why Devyani didn't want Manorama to tag along was because she feared that her daughter in law would not leave any stone unturned to insult the Guptas.

Devyani then turned to Lavanya "Miss. Kasyap.. Hum jaanat hai ke aapko Khushi bitiye se milne ka bohot mann kar raha hoga.. Lekin Manorama bhi teek kahat hai..." (Miss. Kashyap.. I know that you must be looking forward to meet Khushi.. But what Manorama said is also right) Manorama's eyes widened in shock - her mother in law agreed with something she said? What a miracle!

Anjali and Lavanya looked at Devyani with a confused surprise "Sagai ke liye sirf dus din baaki hai.. Agar aap bemaar padgayi tho teek nahi rahega.. Aap baad ma unse phone pe baat karlijiye" (There is only 10 days left for the engagement.. if you fall ill it won't be right.. you can talk to her on the phone later) Devyani explained herself and Lavanya nodded her head with a pout.

Anjali, Devyani and Akash walked up to the vehicle, Arnav got off and opened the door for Anjali, she smiled at him, he helped her into the vehicle and then walked to the other side to help Devyani as well.

Arnav stopped Akash from getting into the passenger seat "Aman, mai Akash ko bhej dunga.. tum dono handle karlo.. mujhe aane mai thoda der lagega" (Aman.. I will send Akash.. the two of you handle it.. I will be a little late) Anjali shook her head exasperatedly, he had been on a work call, no wonder he was looking preoccupied and hadn't returned her smile.

Akash was disappointed, he thought he would get an opportunity to meet Payal, but looks like the love Gods were not on his side today. He listened to the instructions Arnav was giving him, nodding appropriately when needed. 

"Agar koi problem hai tho mujhe call kardena.. mai phone pe available rahunga.. but I am not sure what time I will be able to come to the office" (If there is any problem, then call me.. I will be available on the phone..) with that Arnav gave Akash a pat on his shoulder, got into the driver's seat and zoomed off.

***

There was a gentle rapping on the main door, Garima slightly closed the door leading to Khushi's room, looked at the wall clock, wondering who was visiting them so early in the day. She opened the door and was pleasantly shocked finding Anjali and Devyani at the door step. "Namaste" she folded her hands in greeting and stepped to a side