Chapter 14-How dare you?!

Start from the beginning

Rosie threw punch after punch at the boy until he'd had enough and gathered all his strength pushing her hard off of him.

Rosie hadn't seen it coming and didn't have time to plant her feet or steady herself so Steve's push sent her flying face first into a bin standing nearby. Her nose hit off the side of it making her cry out in pain.

Everyone looked at her as she turned around from her position on the ground to see a cut over the bridge of her nose dripping blood down onto her t-shirt.

She heard mutters from Tommy and Carol to Steve as Oliver moved to crouch down in front of her. She went to touch her nose but his soft hand brought it down.

"Ollie-" she started looking into his green eyes but he stopped her.

"Shhh it's alright, I'm gonna help you" he told her as he cupped her face gently.

He put an arm around her and pulled her body up from the ground as Steve with a slightly bloody face watched them. "Well done Steve" Oliver told him before he began leading her back down the alley towards their bikes.

He decided it would be best for Rosie to ride on his bike and then they could come back for hers later. He leaned hers against the wall hoping that in the small town of Hawkins no one would steal it then got on his own.

Rosie got the idea and walked over to Olivers bike getting on the back of it as she wrapped her arms around his waist. She felt him give her hand a light squeeze before he began to peddle away.

Their timing couldn't have been better as they noticed Officers Callaghan and Powell approaching ready to break up another fight that had been started.

Oliver cycled at a speed that was fast enough to get them back to the Wheeler house in good time but also making sure Rosie was ok behind him.

When they arrived Rosie stepped of the bike first as Oliver wheeled it so it was propped up against the wall. He opened the door and led her inside before immediately making their way up the stairs to the bathroom.

When they got in Rosie sat down on the closed toilet seat as Oliver rummaged in a cupboard till he found a small first aid kit. He then sat down on the side of the bath opposite Rosie.

"This might sting a bit" he warned as he dabbed a cotton ball in some alcohol disinfectant for the small cut on her nose.

He gently cleaned up the stained blood around it and on the sides of her nose before he got to the actual cut. The first bit of contact with the wound made Rosie wince slightly from the pain.

"I'm sorry" Oliver told her as soon as he realised she was in even the slightest pain.

"It's okay, just keep going" Rosie told him with a small smile that he returned before he kept going.

Once he had finally finished up he got small strips of medical tape to close the wound on her nose together since it would look better than a big plaster across her face.

"All done" he told her but as soon as her eyes met Oliver's she couldn't help the tears that started to fall. "Oh god I'm sorry, whatever I did I'm sorry"

"It's not you" Rosie assured him as she wiped at the tears on her cheeks "It's what Steve said, about my dad" she told the boy who patted the space on the bath rim beside him for her to sit with him.

"You're a badass Rosie Henderson there's no way in hell your dad wouldn't be proud" Oliver told her making Rosie sniffle with a small laugh over what he said.

"I know it was years ago he died but" she took a deep breath in before she continued speaking "I just really miss him"

The boy beside her pulled her close to him letting her bury her head in his neck as she cried over her father she missed so dearly.