Chapter Four

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗯
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰

The next morning Tadashi got up early, dressed up, picked up his school stuff and watched as his brother was peacefully sleeping on the floor, his body turned to the side and Mochi sleeping in the space between his legs and stomach. On the floor there were all kinds of objects scattered around: pieces of Megabot, blueprints, the notebook where he kept all his research about different materials, their resistance and compatibilities with Megabot, chips and new parts for the bot. Then he noticed that the 3D printer had been turned on and had some new interesting pieces that he figured were for the bot. Then he saw Meabot's torso near his Hiro's hand. He ad spent the whole night trying to fix his bot. Tadashi picked up a blanket from his wardrobe and put it over his brother’s body, then he headed out.

That same night they went to SFIT.

"Ok a little warning before we go inside. Don't touch anything and be careful when you walk from lab to lab, we try to be careful but incidents are part of the process of creating new inventions"

"Bro I'm not 5 and you sound like you build bombs in there"

Tadashi chuckled and walked to the side door of the university which led directly into the labs. He unlocked it and just as they stepped in the expression on Hiro's face changed completely. It was a high-tech heaven.

"Heads up!"

A girl with purple-streaked hair whizzed by on a bike. She was wearing a pair of black cargo pants with a silver chain attached to them from the belt, a black crop top Nirvana shirt and a pair of black leather boots. She stopped short and tossed the bike onto a rack. Tadashi walked over to her and smiled while Huro couldn't help himself and started touching the bike.

"Whoa...electro-mag suspension"

"And who are you?"

"Hiro this is Go Go, Go Go this is my little brother"

Go Go chewed her gum and nodded and Hiro went back to looking at the bike as he had never seen something like this before. Go Go spun the bike's back wheel which was suspended between two magnetic forks. The wheel seemed to float like magic between the magnetic flames.

"Zero resistance, faster bike. But not fast enough yet"

She took the wheel and threw it in the trash. The boy started as she fired up a 3D printer on the spot and began to create a new wheel, then he heard a noise coming from the other side of the lab. He saw a large muscular guy with dreadlocks experimenting with lasers there. He had a brown vest over a white shirt, a pair of black pants and a pair of shoes a little bit fancier than the one you go on a run with. His workspace was immaculately organized. Hiro headed for the machine.

"Whoa do not move, stay behind the line please"

Hiro stepped back and looked down noticing a black and white line that was taped on the floor.

"Hey Wasabi this is my brother Hiro"

"Hello Hiro, prepare to be amazed. Now catch"

He tossed an apple up into the air but just when Hiro tried to catch it it fell apart in hundreds of water-thin pieces.

"Wow..."

Wasabi grabbed a bottle and sprayed the liquid inside it into the air making hundreds of green lasers immediately visible.

"There has never been an optic system this precise"

Hiro nodded noticing how Wasabi was carefully placing his spray bottle back into a particular circle on the table full of other things, all put in a systematic order.