A Dream?

(Emma's pov) 

     I spent the past night pulling an all-nighter for the first time in my life, it was brutal to say the least. I didn't get a wink of shut eye during breakfast either. Studying all night with Mimi wasn't the best idea but it was the only way I could get her to keep up in Professor Trein's class. For this test, we were going over the story of a maiden who was put to work under her most grateful and humble stepmother who had just recently become a widow due to her husband's death. Even with the kindest step sisters in the world. This maiden still acted like she was playing the victim and showing everyone that just by having a one night dance with someone could bring you to royalty.

I flipped through the pages again.

     The step-mother once said that her step-daughter was being dramatic and showing her discipline saying that she was spoiled rotten under her father and his house maids. She told her that since the maids of the house couldn't keep up anymore after the loss of the master of the mansion. The step mother saw that the maids were sad but hid it to protect their lovely little master's daughter, knowing this she had to deal with a heavy heart of letting them go so that they could be with their families and show how the real world will end up being for her step-daughter from here on then. I put the book down and looked up at the ceiling.

Emma: Sounds like the real backwards story on how I heard of it. 

  Mimi then tapped on the back of my shoulder. I turned around seeing her lifeless annoyed expression. 

Emma: So I'm guessing the talk with Crowley didn't go so well? 

Mimi sighs

Mimi: Same answer as always..

Mimi sits next to me on our balcony at Ramshackle Dorm. 

Mimi: I think it's time we seriously consider that this will be our new home now Emma...I don't think we can leave...ever. 

Once Mimi said those words, my heart skipped a beat. Like how a truck would skit across the road after a bad accident. 

Emma: So...no going back home? What about my family?! What about yours?! 

Mimi: I don't know. 

Mimi looks out at the night view. 

Mimi: And we still have yet to know where Akira went...I'm so worried about her Emma...Where did you think she went after that carriage came to get us? How do you think she's doing? What if she isn't doing well and we aren't there to help her? ...I'm scared. 

That was the first time I have ever heard Mimi say those words...I'm scared...she has never once shown any sign of weakness. Not even when her life was on the line. But I guess now that we have no clue on where our friend is, and we have no way of getting back to our world...she had a right to be...I looked at the ground, it felt so far from here. I heard the winds blowing through the trees and grass. I even heard the ocean waves crash quietly into each other. I didn't know what to say or do at that moment, and neither did she. 

Emma: I'm sure she's fine...after all.

I smile at Mimi. 

Emma: She's our friend. Of course she'll be fine. No doubt in my mind any danger will ever come to her. Not this our world...and not in this one. 

Mimi laughed at that. She knew that I was trying to make her feel better. And I hoped it was working. Mimi then put one of her large black wings behind me covering my backside and pulling me in close for a side hug. 

Mimi: You're right...it's getting late...we should probably go to bed now...I know I am getting tired. 

Emma: Right. 

Mimi and I then went back inside and closed the window doors from the balcony. Going into our rooms as I had my back turned I heard Mimi's door closing on the other side of the hallway. I saw Grim sleeping soundly in his bed paws in the air, tail swaying slowly. Looking cute as ever. I smiled and went into bed. As I drifted off into sleep my mind started to get foggy. I was now dreaming, hearing the calming sounds of rain started to fall from the heavens making it easy to drift off into slumber.