Chapter 4 : Forget Me Not

Dunk liked gardens- he's always been, Joong wouldn't be surprised if in the end he found the man sitting alone in the garden behind the hospital. Before finding Dunk, Phuwin helped him find the man with the CCTV camera. They didn't find a single trace of Dunk found in the halls of the hospital or in the elevator - that means he didn't come out of his room at all. Joong forced his brain to work at times like this, he was a little relieved when he found a memory that might help him find his childhood friend. He remembered Dunk always staring out the window and until now Joong had never really wondered what the man was seeing out there. When Joong tried to find out - in the midst of panic and fear if his hypothesis was wrong, he found a hidden garden between two hospital buildings. That's when he felt a little relieved-although not completely. Dunk went there.

Like deja vu, Joong jumped through the window thinking of Dunk doing the same thing a moment ago. Phuwin who saw that just looked at him worriedly, doubt radiated from his face -as if he didn't believe Joong could find Dunk just from his memories of what the man liked. But Phuwin didn't say anything and just gave him an umbrella.

"It's still raining outside." And yes, Joong thought back to the rain that was still flushing the city. Joong was sure Dunk didn't have an umbrella with him and he must be getting wet.

After walking around the small garden, Joong found Dunk soaking wet in the middle of the garden which was not protected by any single leaves. He sat up and hugged his knees, his head falling between them. He closed his eyes and didn't look like he was crying, Joong thought he had fallen asleep instead.

For a few seconds Joong only looked at Dunk. Trying to get inside his mind, trying to understand what he was doing. Joong's imagination pushed him into Dunk's mind. A very dark place to enter. It was too dark and Joong felt like he was lost, just like Dunk was lost in himself.

When Joong realized that he was cold, his common sense cursed him. Dunk must also be feeling the cold right now but he didn't want to disturb the man. Joong realized a new habit after he met Dunk Natachai again. Joong liked to wait for the man - leaving the reins in Dunk's hands and Joong would only follow him as far as the safe limits he set for himself allowed. And before, Joong didn't seem to remember that he was such a patient person. But for Dunk, he wanted to wait for the man . Therefore, even though he was cold to death -maybe Dunk too, Joong just opened his umbrella -he realized he had been carrying an umbrella but didn't open it at all, and he covered Dunk's body.

The rain was no longer wetted the body but Joong knew he couldn't do anything to block the wind and cold. Actually Joong was very frustrated at this time, he really wanted to scream - shout anything. But he couldn't corner Dunk anymore. It was enough to disappoint the man by disappearing without a word - he informed Phuwin but that's not important now.

Joong was starting to reach his limit - it had been 10 minutes of their silence and even for Joong, his knuckles were turning white and he felt numb all over from the cold. Joong had already taken a step forward to carry out the plan he had been thinking about for a long time -carry Dunk and go back into the hospital then do whatever it takes to make his body warm again, with his consent. It was then that he heard a whisper. Yes, nothing more or less than a whisper. A whisper that sounded so weak and a little hard to hear under the pouring rain. But like a miracle, Joong could hear it.

"Joong Archen."

"Yes?"

Dunk raised his head, Joong was a little surprised by the sharp eyes that immediately stabbed into his eyes. Because of that shock, Joong didn't realize that Dunk had thrown away the umbrella that was supposed to be blocking them. The two of them were under the pouring rain again. Those sharp eyes gradually softened - there were a lot of words Dunk wouldn't say behind those eyes, Joong knew.