Chapter1: Finally Awake!

Start from the beginning

       "Bueno, time to eat mija," Iris's mom said as she brought the food out, setting it on the table. "Ma! That  looks delicioso!" Iris said, smiling. "Ay, muchas gracias mija! Sebastian a comer!" Iris's mom told her husband to hurry."¡Ay voy mi amor!" Iris's dad said back walking to the table with the baklavas in his hands. "Alright, then time to eat," Iris's mom said as she took a seat followed by her husband and then Iris. "Now what did you need to tell us, sweetie?" Iris's dad said as he put some food on his plate. "Oh, well you see Dad... Nor is gonna wake up soon, the doctor told us she might wake up in two days and if not by the end of the week!!" Iris said with enthusiasm. "That's great mija! But please don't get your hopes up... it's not certain if she'll wake up at all. This is the third time the doctors have told us this after all..." Iris's mom said as she put a hand on her daughter's shoulder. "Your mom is right mija, for all we know she won't wake up anytime soon," Iris's dad said smiling sadly. "She'll wake up... I know she will, the doctor gave us hope, now it's our turn to believe in her," Iris said determinedly.

       As her parents saw her determination they looked at each other and smiled, nodding at their daughter. "Alright, then we'll wait for her with an open mind," Iris's mom said as she looked at her daughter. "Yeah, thanks for understanding how I feel about this. Oh! I need to tell the others soon too," Iris said, remembering that her friends were also worried about Nora. "You'll have plenty of time to do that after you eat sweetie," Iris's dad said as he put food on her plate. "Yeah alright Dad, I'll do it after we finish up dinner," Iris said as she smiled at her dad. As the family ate and laughed together, Iris thought 'It's my fault she ended up in a coma for so long'. After dinner Iris went to bed, letting the silence take over, causing her to fall into a deep sleep.

       She had a dream that night. One where the halls were endless, and there was no escape. "Why didn't you save me?" a girl said, her voice choked up with tears. Iris turns around to face the girl, "Nor?" "Don't you care about me? Why didn't you save me? Why'd you leave me there to fight alone? If you wanted to, you could've taken me with you" Nora says in an accusatory voice. Iris breaks down and into tears, "You told me to go by myself! I didn't mean to leave you alone!" "You didn't have to listen to me; you're just making excuses again." Nora said in a louder voice, "You never cared about me! You never loved me! You just used me to escape! For your benefit!" Nora yelled at Iris. Iris backs away from Nora. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Iris keeps repeating these words as Nora corners her. "An eye for an eye, it should've been you." three voices were heard alongside Nora's. An arrow grazes her right cheek, coming from a cat-eared girl. "I never miss, zura," Aki says with a small grin. A katana cuts her upper left arm. "Don't worry this won't hurt... one bit" Ian says as he grins widely. A spear pierces her right calf. "Sorry, Iris! Mistakes shouldn't go unpunished!" Sora says in a sweet voice, his smile hidden in the shadows. "It was my fault," Iris says in a grim tone, as she looks down at her feet.

       "Yeah, your fault, zura," Aki said as she held Iris down with the help of Ian and Sora. "Now it's time to pay," both Ian and Sora said with a gin. "Don't worry your death will be quick," Nora said as she sneered at Iris picking her gun up. "No!!" Iris screamed as she flung herself upright, startled as cold sweat ran down her back."What's wrong mija? What happened?" Iris's mom asked worriedly from the hall as she rushed to Iris's room. "Just a nightmare ma, no worries," Iris said, trying to calm down."Mija, are you having that dream again?" Iris's mom asked with concern in her voice. "I'm... Yes ma, I am, it just won't stop. I keep thinking that it's my fault Nor is in this state" Iris said sadly. "Oh sweetie it's not your fault, it was an accident, it's no one's fault," Iris's mom said kindly.

       "Thanks, ma, you're the best, I love you so much," Iris said, having a small smile on her face. "I love you too sweetie, now stop blaming yourself. Come out to the living area, breakfast is ready" Iris's mom said smiling at her daughter. "Kay ma, I'll be down in a bit. Just gotta shower and get ready first!" Iris said as she went to grab a towel. She stepped into the shower and turned on the water. 'I wonder if Nor's going to wake up tomorrow. Ma said that it's unlikely, but I still hope she will.' Iris thought to herself as she started to wash her hair. She finished up with her shower and dried off before she began to brush her hair. 'Ugh, I know Ma said not to feel guilty, but it's impossible not to. If only I'd done track like Nor– maybe I would've gotten there faster. Or maybe if I ran cross-country like Sora...' Iris thought to herself as she brushed her hair more aggressively than usual. 'There's no point in regretting it now, I guess.' Iris thinks as she begins to brush her teeth and wash her face.