"Yeah."

"Gretchen Weiners?"

"No, the other one."

"Shut up!" Regina gives me a weak punch to the shoulder, and I laugh. "I don't know... I mean-" Suddenly, Regina's phone starts ringing.

"Who is it?" I ask, Regina finishes her bite of the doughnut, looking at her phone.

"It's your sister." She answers and I just sort of turn around and watch her little sister watching something that she should definitely not be watching. Where is this girl's mother?

"Oh, my god, I'm not mad at her. I'm worried about her. I think somebody nominated her as a joke or something." Regina continues, taking another bite of her doughnut. "And when nobody votes for her, she's gonna have a total meltdown."

Regina starts walking around the kitchen counter. "And who's gonna have to take care of me? me." She stands next to me, fixing my hair briefly. "Cady, she's not pretty. I mean, that sounds bad, but whatever. The Spring Fling Queen is always pretty. And the crazy thing is is that it should be Karen, but people forget about her because she's such a slut."

I let out a breath. That's pretty harsh. I turn my head to her and she notices. "Anyway, I gotta go. I'm going to bed." Regina hangs up.

"Who were you talking about?" I ask, taking her doughnut and taking a bite before handing it back to her. 

"Gretchen."

"You're a bitch."

"I'm not wrong!"

"Still, major bitch."

Regina rolls her eyes at me and rests her head on my shoulder. I give her a kiss on the head.

"Okay..." She starts.

"What?"

"I'm calling Karen. To tell her." She says, picking up her phone.

"You wanna tell her over the phone? It's a pretty big thing, no?" I asks.

"Fine, I'll invite her to hang out." She says, dialing Karen on the phone. "... Let's go out... Don't invite Gretchen. She's driving me nuts. Okay, hurry up." 

"What's happening?" I ask.

"She's on the other line with Gretchen." I nod and watch her cut off a piece of a baguette. I take the piece she cut of and begin eating it meanwhile she eats the rest. "I know. Just get rid of her." Regina turns to me and rolls her eyes. "... Boo, you whore." Regina says, hanging up on Karen.

"What the fuck was that?" I laugh.

"She's sick or something." Regina shrugs, taking another bite of her baguette. "What?"

--------------------------------+

I was sitting in between Cady and Regina at lunch when Karen and Gretchen sat down in front of us. 

"Regina," Gretchen starts. "We have to talk to you." Ooooh boy.

"Is butter a carb?" Regina asks Cady.

"Uh... Yes." Cady says. I'm really into these nachos right now.

"Regina, you're wearing sweatpants. It's Monday." Gretchen points out. Oh hey, she is.

"So?" Regina continues spreading her butter.

"So that's against the rules, and you can't sit with us." Karen explains. 

"Whatever. Those rules aren't real." What the flip dude.

"They were real that day I wore a vest."

"Because that vest was disgusting."

"You can't sit with us!" Gretchen shouts. I love that she's standing up for her soon to be girlfriend, but in turn you're yelling at my current girlfriend. 

There's a long awkward pause until Regina starts talking again. "These sweatpants are all that fits me right now." She looks at all of us. Me the longest. "Fine." She slams her knife down and stand up. Taking her tray with her. "You can walk home, bitches." Regina bumps into someone. 

"What where you're going, fat ass!" The girl yells. Everyone starts laughing. That's it. I stand up, about to follow after Regina. Cady pulls me back down, but I slap her hand away. "Don't you fucking touch me." I spit. going to follow Regina. 

--------------------------------+

I find regina crying behind the school. I sit next to her. I don't say anything. Just sit.

"I don't wanna lose you..." She mumbles, wiping her eyes. 

"Good." I say, letting her talk if she wants to.

"I know I'm an asshole. I'm horrible. I probably deserve this..." She says. I mean... She's not wrong...

"Nobody deserves this. But also, nobody deserves the things that you've done to people."

"Yeah... I know."

"But also... I heard you apologizing to Brian. That was big of you."

"I hated it. I was being weak."

"How'd you feel after?"

"... I hate how easy you get to me." She laughs a little. Leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Can I say something cringe?" I ask.

"Is this not enough?"

"Never."

"Say it."

"I love you?"

Regina is silent for a while. "Is that a question?"

"I don't think so..."

"Well... I love you too."

--------------------------------+

A/N 

Whoop, there it issssss