Wielding A Double-Edged Sword

Arnav stood, his hands in his pockets, looking at the orangish pink hue of the sky, that was caused by the setting sun. His back faced the doorway to the poolside, but he knew it the second Khushi had come there. He straightened his posture "What do you want Khushi??" He asked without even turning around.

Khushi was a little surprised, she hadn't even made any sound yet.. so how did he know that she had come there? Could it be that he too was able to feel her presence, just like she always knew when he was around? Shaking her thoughts aside, she stepped into the poolside.

"Aapse baat karni thi Arnavji" (I wanted to talk to you Arnavji) She said in a small voice as she approached closer to him. He turned around, "ab kya baat karni hai?" (Now what do you want to talk?) He raised a brow "jo tumne pehle kaha tha woh kaafi nahi tha? aur kuch baaki reh gaya hai kya kehne ke liye?" (What you had spoken earlier was not enough? Is there something left for you to say?) Try as he may to hide it but his hurt was evident.

Khushi looked away as a wave of guilt washed over her, She had come to him with the intention of apologising for her words and then requesting him to change his mind, but now she knew that bringing up what ever she said earlier wouldn't get her anywhere, it would only increase his anger.. and most probably lead him into taking some other rash decision.

She was in half a mind to walk away, but she didn't like it that because of her foolishness, others were suffering, she looked up at him again "Lavanyaji, aur baaki sab pareshan hai.. Aapke sag..." (Lavanyaji and all the others are worried.. your engage..) She averted her gaze, "aapke aur Lavanya ji ke sag.." (Yours and Lavanyaji's engage..) talking to him about his engagement was harder than she thought it would be.

Arnav's brows came together, as he looked at her intently.. She cleared her throat "Lavnaya ji chahti hai ke unke amma babuji unke baaki rishtedaar, dost sab aap dono ke sag...gai mai aaye" (Lavanyaji wants her parents, other relatives, friends, everyone come for your both's engag...ement) She spoke looking at her feet. Arnav crossed his arms, it didn't escape his notice that she wasn't able to say that particular word.. it amused him a little. 

He almost wanted to smile.. he cleared his throat "usne bheja tha tumhe mujhse baat karne ke liye?" (Did she send you to talk to me?) She shook her head, refusing to look up "Tho tum kyun aayi ho?" (Then why have you come?) His rude tone made her look up at him, the hurt in her eyes didn't deter him 

"Agar kisiko mere decisions se problem hai toh woh mujhse directly baat kar sakte hai, tumhe koi zaroorat nahi hai unke mouth piece banne ki" (If someone has a problem with my decisions, they can talk to me directly, there is no need for you to act as their mouth piece

Arnav was almost glaring at her by this point, but Khushi didn't back down either "Lavanyaji ro rahi hai.. Anjaliji, naaniji sab pareshaan hai aapke faisle se.. Kya aapko unn sab ke liye parva nahi hai Arnavji?" (Lavanyaji is crying.. Anjali, Naaniji everyone is upset with your decision.. do you not care about them Arnavji?)

"tum hoti kaun ho mere maamle mei interfere karne ki, aur mujhse yeh sab poochne ke liye?" (Who are you to interfere in my business and ask me all this?) she ignored that jibe "Jab Naaniji ne Panditji se baat karke muhurat ke liye tareek nikaal diya hai.. tho aap itne jald baazi.." (When Naaniji has spoken to the priest and noted down the auspicious dates.. then why are you in a hurry

She took a deep breath, looking away "Sagai koi khel nahi hai Arnav ji..." (Engagement is not some game Arnavji) she started to say something, but stopped when she saw him take a step towards her. Khushi dared to look at his direction "Yeh tum mujhe samjaigi? TUM?" (You are going to explain this to me? YOU?