Carnell walked into Damien's arms. He'd missed the boy and it had only been at max 10 hours since they saw each other. They was just playing with Bella and Benjy all night yesterday.

Damien opened their car door and Carnell sat in the passenger seat. He leaned down in the car and gave Carnell a peck. 

"Spoiled."

"As fuck."

Damien laughed a little. He closed his door and walked over to his side. He slipped his second phone in the driver seat door. 

Carnell had started connecting his phone and playing music. He decided that he was in the mood for something chill since they only had a 30 minute drive to the mall. 

The ride was going smooth an Damien had been wondering for a minutes. 

He lowered the volume of the music and asked, "Nelly I just realized I ain't ever ask why you moved up here?"

Carnell didn't want to lie but he also didn't want to get into that right now.

"Yeah- Just some stuff with my last school is all?"

"What ya' mean?"

Carnell laughed realizing that Damien had picked up his country accent.

Carnell didn't get the chance to answer as his sister called him, he answered.

"Where ya' at Nelly?"

"We 'bout 2 minutes. Where you at?"

"Saving a parking spot fa' ya'."

He smiled at the phone, "Thank ya sissaaa'. I knew ya' fucked wit' usss."

She sucked her teeth, "Doodie I know I told yo' ass 'bout allat cussing."

He laughed, "Yea, you gon' head try and beat my ass. I'a call Dania."

She rolled her eyes at the name, mumbling something. She ain't hate her ex, considering they was still fucking and all but she wouldn't let the girl as deep as she was before. 

She'd be damn if she let the girl step out on her again. 

But that's a story for another book.

Damien pulled into the parking spot after a few directions. "You get out first baby I gotta make a call,"

Carnell already knew what it was like messing with niggas in the business so he just got out and gave his sister a dee hug. 

Damien came out of the car after 3 minutes. He greeted Diasma, "How you doing Diasma?"

Diasma looked him up and down and hummed, she can't ever be cool again with a nigga that let her get played. She got where he was coming from, loyalties and such but, that ain't change her feelings. 

"I'm coo'. Let's go in."

They walked into the mall a happy Carnell in between them.

"Where you tryn' go doodie."

Carnell was finna spend all the money he been saving here. 

"Let's go to footlocker. I usually buy my clothes online."

They walked to the other side of the mall and they were playing Right Here by SWV. Carnell started sway his neck and snapping. 

"Di you remember when momma used to blast this when we was young?"

She laughed, "Yeah and her and Daddy would started popping and locking they shit. She really put us on that old head music."

He laughed back and included Damien in the conversation, "What yo Momma used to blast Dami?"

He thought on it before smiling at the memories, "My Momma blast Get Right by JLO and Fabolous to this day, " He started rap/singing the most popular part, "We can get righttt. Shit get you so hype I swea'."

Diasma laughed, "Momma used to put that on when she cooked, talm 'bout it make the food taste right."

Damien laughed along her, "You damn right my Ma used to say that too. I'on know much how but I leave it to ha'. Ain't never had a bad meal at home."

Diasma and Carnell nodded, speaking at the same time, "Neva'."

They continued to reminisce as Carnell shopped for his shoes. He was looking for a clean pair of New Balances, he fucked up his old ones at his old school. He ain't know if they was great track and field shoes but he knew he loved how them bitches looked on him.

They wrap up their shopping fairly quick, Diasma had split away to go shop for some new lingerie.

Someone had tore them up. 

Real bad. 

Carnell was online looking at something, Damien was standing behind him in their personal space. 

Carnell snickered to himself knowing there was never no inch of space with them. Nor was it needed. 

Carnell randomly started feeling a sick feeling in his stomach. He groaned out lowly.

Damien looked at him, "You alright? What's wrong?"

Carnell shook his head, "Nu' I just got a bad feeling in my stomach."

As soon as he said his eyes trailed the mall. He don't just get bad feelings, he learned to start trusting his gut feeling cause it ain't ever been wrong. His eyes landed on his worst nightmare.

The real reason he moved up here. 

Meet the bane of his existence, Hermelio Kingston. 

A/N

I figured I'ma let yall know now. Chapters are gonna get longer and ain't no more sweet shit. I tried to let yall get used to the cute Carnell but it's time to turn this motherfucka up. 

Also a lot of triggering and heartbreaking stuff. BUT this is a happy ending book. With who, that's what we gon' find out.