The Ticket Master

Start from the beginning

[Rarity appears]

Rarity: [gasp] Are these what I think they are?
Twilight Sparkle: Uh—
Pinkie Pie: Yes, yes, yes! Twilight's taking me to the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot.
Rarity: The gala? I design ensembles for the gala every year, but I've never had the opportunity to attend. Oh, the society, the culture, the glamour! It's where I truly belong, and where I'm destined to meet him.
Pinkie Pie: Him! ... Who?
Rarity: Him. [Rarity fantasies]
Rarity: I would stroll through the gala, and everyone would wonder, "Who is that mysterious mare?" They would never guess that I was just a simple pony from little old Ponyville. Why, I would cause such a sensation that I would be invited for an audience with Princess Celestia herself, and the princess would be so taken with the style and elegance that she would introduce me to him, her nephew: the most handsome, eligible unicorn stallion in Canterlot. Our eyes would meet, our hearts would melt. Our courtship would be magnificent. He would ask for my hoof in marriage, and of course I would say, "Yes!" We would have a royal wedding, befitting a princess, which is [giggles] what I would become upon marrying him, the stallion of my dreams.Rarity: Twilight, I simply cannot believe you would invite Pinkie Pie so she can... party, and prevent me from meeting my true love. How could you? Hmph.

[Angel appears and takes the tickets]

Spike: Hey!

[And takes them to Fluttershy]

Fluttershy: [gasp] Angel, these are perfect.
Twilight Sparkle: Uh, listen guys, we haven't decided who to give the extra ticket to.
Rarity and Pinkie Pie: You haven't?
Fluttershy: Um, excuse me, Twilight, Isabella. I would just like to ask, I mean, if it would be all right, if you haven't given it to someone else...
Rarity: You? You want to go to the gala?
Fluttershy: Oh, no. I mean, yes, or, actually, kind of.

Isabella Shine: But why do you wanna go? No offense but The Grand Galloping Gala doesn't really seem like your kind of thing.

Fluttershy: Well, you see... [Fluttershy fantasies]
Fluttershy: It's not so much the Grand Galloping Gala as it is the wondrous private gated garden that surrounds the dance. The flowers are said to be the most beautiful and fragrant in all of Equestria. For the night of the gala, and that night alone, would they all be in bloom... and that's just the flora! Don't get me started on the fauna. There's loons and toucans and bitterns, oh my! Hummingbirds that can really hum, and buzzards that can really buzz. White-blue jays, and red jays, and green jays, pink jays and pink flamingos!Twilight Sparkle: Gee, Fluttershy, it sounds... beautiful...?
Rainbow Dash: Wait just a minute.
Twilight Sparkle: Rainbow Dash! Were you following us?
Rainbow Dash: No. I mean, yes. I mean, maybe. Look, it doesn't matter. I couldn't risk a goody-four-shoes like you two giving that ticket away to just anybody.
Applejack: Wait just another minute.
Isabella Shine: Applejack, were you following us too?
Applejack: No. I was followin' this one to make sure she didn't try any funny business. Still trying to take mah ticket.
Rainbow Dash: Your ticket?
Pinkie Pie: But Twilight and Isabella's taking me.
Main cast sans Twilight and Isabella: [arguing]Main cast sans Twilight and Isabella: [arguing]Twilight Sparkle: QUIET!
Pinkie Pie: And then I said, "Oatmeal, are you craz—" oh.
Isabella Shine: Girls, there's no use in arguing.
Rarity: But-
Twilight Sparkle: Eh! This is our decision, and we're gonna make it on our own, and I certainly can't think straight with all this noise... [stomach rumbles] not to mention hunger. Now go on, shoo.
Main cast sans Twilight and Isabella: [grumbling]
Twilight Sparkle: And don't worry, we'll figure this out... somehow.Twilight Sparkle: [sighs] Spike,Isabella, what am I gonna do? All five of my best friends have really good reasons to go to the gala. Applejack, or Rainbow Dash? Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy, Rarity... Oh, who should go with us? [stomach rumbles]