- - Chapter Two - - part two

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to go there" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders. "It's up to you. I'm fine with catching up as well" his comment makes me look at him. He's serious.

"Well we can do that" I say to him. We agreed to go over to water teraces where I can search for stuff for Amate. And eventually when I'm done with that we find a place on the beach where we can sit. Unlike the whole beach that is filled with sand this one is rocky and packed with gravel, but it's still comfortable to sit.

The sky slowly darkens as eclipse approaches. I play with rocks as we sit there in silence. He's leaned back, his elbows supporting his whole body as he's almost laying on the ground. While on the other hand I am curled up into somewhat of a fetus position. I'm still not fully comfortable with feeling so many things on my skin, no mater how connected that makes me feel to the environment, it's an odd feeling not wearing a long clothes that covers you from head to toe.

"So how are you" I say whatever just to fill up silence. I almost forgot who he is as a person. I don't know if he enjoys sitting in silence or not. Maybe I should've asked him that instead of basic 'how are you'.

"Not the idea that I had for catching up" he says "but I am good. What about you"

"Am good too. My body is exhausted, I can't wait for the night just to fall asleep" I say to him as I play with rocks like a little kid.

"Don't get your hopes up, my mother called you and Amate for a bonfire tonight"

"I wasn't aware of that" I say looking at him. With his whole body exposed I can't help but look at the tattoos, it's still hard to believe he's grown to the point where he has them now.

"Did they hurt" I ask "the tattoos". He sits up, now facing me.

"On the neck" he says "that's where they hurt the most. So to answer your question, yes they did hurt"

"And do you plan on getting any other ones?"

"I do. But when the time is right" he simply answers. I take a better look at his tattoo that spreads from his jaw down to his collar bone. It's multiple different tattoos all brought together into one.

From distance it looks as just one piece but in reality, when you look better, you can see how different each one of them is.

"I always wanted a tattoo" I speak up "we have a tattoo artist back at home but I never really knew what to get"

"Are you indecisive when it comes to choosing beads for you cord" he asks and I shake my head in answer to his question. I'm never really looking for beads, I usually stumble across a beautiful one whenever I need it for my cord.

I look around at the ground, moving my hands against the gravel, digging up a shell that can be used for my songcord.

"I usually just pick it out like that" I say as I untie my cord from my clothes, gently taking it in my hands and continuing the thread so I can place a shell representing my arrival to Metkayinas.

I work on verses as well, finishing off the cord with a knot before tying it back where it was seconds ago.

"It's the same when it comes to tattoos" he says, taking his songcord out and pointing to the black crystal.

"My iknimaya" he says. With his fingers he traces the line that goes straight down his neck.

"So that's how they work" I gasp "back home it was just sort of fun. The artists would draw more then just lines. It was art"

"People would literally tattoo the eyes of the person they love, or their favorite flower. It was all over the place but I never guessed it had deeper meaning" I say in one breath, excited that I've already learned something new.

I never really questioned the tattoos that Amate has on her chest. It might have million meanings and stories behind them that I'm not even aware of.

"That's an interesting take" he replies. "Maybe you should get a tattoo while youre here, a simbol of visiting us. Just like that shell that you've just placed on your songcord"

Maybe, it would be fun to try out tattoos but I'm still unaware of what to get.

"Well that would be an interesting experience. But I will think about it"

"Well you have all the time in the world don't you" he says as he stands up. Reaching with his hand towards me.

"Let's get going. I still have to help Tsireya with the Sullies" he says with an uneasy tone. I take his hand and he helps me get up. Almost launching me in the air.

He moves my hair away from my face "If you plan on spending a lot of time in the water you will eventually need to do something with your hair"

"I will take care of it later" I say and we slowly make our way over to the beach where we last seen the others.

HELOU HELOU

here's your new part my guyzs, exams coming this week but ima try to write either way

bless you for reading, hope you enjoyed and had fun while doing so

have a nice day, night or evening, dont forget to go to sleep early tonight :D