ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

“You used to be so compliant... What happened to you?”

Your hands began to shake. You tried to grip them to stop, but it didn’t work.

“You’re my child, aren’t you? Why are you like this?”

In the corner of your eye, you saw a car coming on the road.

“Fa-Father...” You tried to call.

“You're MY child! Who gives her the damn right to take you away!?”

“Father... A car... A car is...” You tried to tell him, but his voice overlapped with yours.

“When we get home, I’ll make sure you learn a lesson that you―”

With all your courage and strength, you finally screamed, “Dad!! Look out!!”

“Huh?” In a hurry, your father looked, seeing bright lights that headed closer and closer his way.

He moved out the way and he fell on his rear, while the car drove the opposite direction, hitting a street lamp.

A man came out of the car, all panicked. “Are you okay!? Oh my god, I’m so sorry! I was so tired and I just barely realized in time that―...”

He started rambling, apologising to your father when you saw the street lamp he hit started falling towards your father.

The driver ducked out the way, but it seemed like your father was still in shock as he sat there, and the street lamp made contact with him, breaking the glass.

Then, you saw blood coming out.

He wasn't moving.

There were screaming and shouting nearby from passersby.

Everything sounded muffled and drowned out.

All you could do was focus on the bloody body of your father.

“Father...? Fa―...ther...” Your voice croaked. Your legs that you thought were stuck in place took a step forward, your hand reaching out to your father.

Your vision spun, feeling like the world was closing in on you. Your eyes shut, and you blacked out.

...

Who knows how much time had passed.

All you knew was you were staring at the ceiling for a while now.

A ceiling... A ceiling...?

You blinked, getting your thoughts together.

In your mind, you recalled a scene of a car that was coming straight at your father, but he moved out of the way, so the car hit a street lamp.

But the street lamp fell on your father and...

You felt sick to your stomach, as you immediately lurched up, covering your mouth. In an instant, you pulled the blankets off, running out of the room.

“Huh? [Last Name]-chan, you―”

You bumped into who you thought was Chifuyu, but you didn’t think about anything else and ran straight to the restrooms.

You crouched down in front of the toilet, vomiting out contents you couldn’t even describe. The smell is sickening though.

“Ugh... Argh...” You feel like... shit. It's admittedly not the worst you had felt, but it’s one of those days where you feel like nothing is worth it anymore.

You spit out the remaining contents in your mouth and dragged yourself out of the stall, cleaning your mouth properly at the sink.

When you look up, you see a person.