Chapter 8- Secrets

3rd POV (Inside the Rust Bucket)

Ben wakes up screaming from a nightmare. His face is sweating. Grandpa Max, Gwen and Jen wake up.

"Another nightmare, Ben?" Grandpa Max asked.

"It was that weird alien from my vision. Only bigger, uglier and scarier." Ben explained.

"Sure you weren't just looking in a mirror?" Gwen snarked.

"It was just a bad dream, little brother. We can talk about this in the morning." Jen reassured.

"It seemed so real. He looked right at me and said, 'I'm coming for you now'." Ben tells them. A shocked expression appears on Grandpa Max's face.

"Change of plan, we're hitting the road right now." Grandpa Max states.

"Grandpa, it's 3 in the morning." Gwen points out.

"Best way to beat the traffic." Grandpa Max claimed. He starts the RV and drives. Later in the morning, they drive pass a field.

"Uhh, Grandpa, what's with the lead foot?" Ben asked.

"I wanna make Mount Rushmore by nightfall." Grandpa Max replied.

"I'm so bored. Let me play a game." Ben says to Gwen, who's working on her laptop.

"I would but I think this'll be a good lesson for you to learn how to entertain yourself." Gwen states.

Ben frowns. Then he makes a mischievous face. Later, Gwen is having trouble with her laptop.

"Hey! What gives?!" Gwen yelled.

"What's the matter, Gwen." Jen asked. Gwen points to her laptop. Upgrade reveals himself onscreen.

"Sorry. You are a loser, and always will be." Upgrade taunted. He pops out to scare Gwen and goes back in. Gwen screams.

"Ben, get out of my computer!" Gwen demanded.

"What? I'm just 'entertaining myself'." Upgrade states.

"Benjamin Tennyson! Get out of that computer right now or have you in cyberspace!" Jen threatened. Gwen hits her laptop.

"This is my private property! And you're getting your cooties all over it." said Gwen. She tries to shake Upgrade out but Upgrade takes control over the laptop. He even sprouting mechanical legs.

"Oh, what's this? A diary. 'Dear diary, my cousin Ben is such a-" Upgrade reads, but Gwen interrupts.

"Doofus! Knock it off!" Gwen yelled.

"Ben! Now is not the time to go alien! Do you understand?" Grandpa Max says seriously.

"I was just fooling around." Upgrade says simply.

"We can't afford to attract attention right now." Grandpa Max states.

"What kind of attention could I attract in here?" Upgrade asked.

Just then, the Omnitrix times out. Upgrade turns back into Ben. Later, Gwen, Jen, and Jen notice fire and smoke coming from Rapid City.

"What's going on over there?" Jen asked.

"I'm sure the local authorities have the situation well in hand." Grandpa Max reassured.

In Rapid City, the Mechadroids are wreaking havoc and causing mass destruction. People run around in panic. The large mace destroys buildings while rolling. Two Mechadroids blast a gas station, causing a massive explosion. Ben notices the huge explosion from the RV.

"Looks like it's hero time!" Ben claimed.

" Ben, I don't think that's the best idea-" Grandpa Max tells him, but it's too late.