"Um, How- what- wh-" "Yeah." Brooke says and a tear escapes from her eyes. "Are you okay?" She asks her brunette friend who shakes her head.

"I'm scared. I'm a kid myself, how am I going to raise a kid?" She asks and Allie cradles her head into her neck. "With Lucas?" She whispers to her friend who nods her head.

"Oh my god." Allie says and pulls away from her. "It's okay, you're gonna be okay." Allie consoles her and looks around for Nathan. He gives her a confused look and Allie smiles awkwardly.

Brooke wipes her cheeks and looks at her friend again. "What am I gonna do?" She asks, biting her lips to stop the tears. Allie runs her hands through her friend's hair and furrows her brows.

"Hey, just talk to him. It's Lucas, I'm sure he won't run away like Dan." Allie says and the bell rings. "Come on, let's get to class."

-

Allie and Nathan were sitting in his apartment after school, working on their homework assignments. Allie finally finished her assignment and sighed. She runs her hands through her hair and lays back on his couch.

She couldn't stop thinking about Brooke and Lucas. It scared her because Nathan and her never used protection. Their lives could change in an instant because of sex. She blanks out and stares at the ceiling, lost in thought.

Nathan notices her spacing out and kisses her cheek. "What's wrong?" Allie sighs and looks at him. "Nothing." Nathan sighs and grabs her hand, looking at his girlfriend. "Come on, tell me what's up." He pries out of her.

She looks at him and presses her lips together. "I think I need to take a pregnancy test." Nathan stands up frantically and looks at her with his eyes wide.

"What? Why? Are you late? Do you think you're pregnant?" He asks freaking out. She sits up and looks at him, "No, I don't. I'm just scared." She says to him and sighs.

Nathan looks at her and holds her hand. "Why? What's going on?" He asks, sitting back down. "Brooke's pregnant." She says and looks at him. "And, it's Lucas's." She adds on.

Nathan stays quiet and in shock. He blinks his eyes and looks at her. "What?" He asks her and she sighs. "I'm just scared. Nate, we don't even use protection." She exclaims and gets up to pace around the room.

"Yeah, but you're on birth control right?" He asks her and gets up to stand by her. "I mean yeah but, Brooke was too and she still got pregnant." Allie says and looks at her boyfriend.

She slowly lets her tears fall down her face. Nathan grabs her and embraces her. He kisses her forehead and rubs her head. "And, I'm late. And I'm really freaking out." She says and grabs at his shirt.

"It's okay. We'll go buy one, okay?" He says to her and comforts her. Nathan continued stroking her head and kissing her temple.

What was he going to do if she was pregnant? He would have to give up basketball and his dreams. He sighs and looks at his girlfriend again.

He kisses her on the forehead and walks over to his closet. He grabs his cap and some sunglasses for himself and for her as well.

She laughs and holds it up. "Don't want anyone talking about us." Nathan says and laughs. She nods her head and puts on the "disguise."

-

The two of them walk into the convenience store and she glances at her boyfriend who keeps a straight face. "You okay?" She asks him. "Yeah." He says and walks to the aisle with the pregnancy tests.

"Do you think two is enough?" He asks, grabbing them. "Grab another one, just in case." She says and he grabs them before walking to the cashier, his girlfriend following.

After paying for it, they got back into the car and Allie sat quietly. "What's on your mind, baby?" He asks, grabbing her hands.

"What are we gonna do? If I am pregnant?" She says and looks at him. He sighs and looks away into the street. "We'll figure it out." He says and begins to drive.

The two of them walk back into the apartment and Allie looks at the bag with pregnancy tests. She lets out a sigh and wipes her tears. "You feel like taking one?" He asks her and she nods her head yes.

She grabs both of the pregnancy tests from his hand and goes to the bathroom. With shaky hands she opens them and looks at them.

Her tears fell again as she peed on the sticks and sat on the toilet waiting. She hears a knock on the door and opens it. Nathan was standing there with an awkward smile.

Nathan walks to her and places a kiss on her forehead. "Whatever the results are, I'll always be here." She gratefully smiles and holds on to his hands tightly. She turns to look at the tests and smiles.

She looks over at her boyfriend who stares back at her. "What is it?" He asks, walking closer to her. "It's negative!" She says and laughs. Nathan sighs a breath of relief. "Oh my god." He says and wraps an arm around her.

"Is it sad that I'm feeling happy right now?" He asks and she laughs while shaking her head. "No, because I am too." She says and kisses his shoulder.

"What a night." He says to her and kisses her head. "Yeah. Definitely no sex for a month." She says and walks away from him.

Nathan turns and looks at her. "Are you serious?" She nods her head and laughs. "Unless you bought condoms while we were at the store." Allie says and smiles at him.

Nathan laughs and grabs the plastic bag before pulling out condoms. "It's a good thing I did then." Allie gasps at her boyfriend. "What? When did you buy that?" She asks and grabs the condoms.

"When you weren't looking." He says and she laughs. She looks at him for a moment. "I'll think about it." She says and squeals when Nathan runs after her.

He catches her and throws her on the bed. "Nathan!" She yells and laughs.