I Do Want to Come and See You

Start from the beginning

-----------------------------

"How's your day?" Nam suddenly appears behind my locker's door when I close it at the end of the day. My body jumps backward when I see him without any precautions. "Nam! You scared me."
"Hahah." He laughs at my reaction. I guess after a whole day of paying attention at everything, seeing Nam is a big relief for me. "The first day of school is tiring and a little confusing." I answer him. "Im feeling relieved right now."
We walk to the front door of the school through the long hallway. "Are you going to the rink now?" I ask Nam.
"Yeah. Going to eat in the cricket club as well. You're coming?"
"Can I?" I turn my head to him. "I'm a stranger. I thought that the club is only for private usage."
"Meg, come on, you have been waiting for Yuzu outside the rink since the summer. Everyone in the rink knows you already. You're not a stranger." Nam explains while he swings his schoolbag onto his shoulders. "It's okay to come inside sometimes, you know, to hang out. I believe Yuzu will be happy as well."
I blush a little because Nam said it in a way as if he knows everything about Yuzu and me even when I didn't say anything to him before.
"Will Orser be okay with it?"
"Yeah." Nam shrugs.
I look up to the sky to look for an answer. The aquatic sky is smudged with the color of autumn and evening. Cottons in the sky are soft and near to touch, but as I reach out to feel, I catch nothing. I want to feel the reality.
"Okay, sure, I'll go with you." I answer Nam.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping across the invisible line that I usually stay outside the club is stepping out the comfort zone for me. The automatic doors open when Nam reaches the doors ahead of me and a woosh of coldness rushes toward my face. I suddenly realize that a leggings and a T-shirt might not be the best outfit to have inside the club. Entering the doors, I immediately sense an astonished eyesight on me.

"Wow, Nam!" a gentle, warm, and elegant voice exclaims behind the counter."See who you bring inside!"
"Hi, Mia, this is Meg." Nam waves once to greet her. "I persuaded her to come inside when we met after school."
"Meg, what a lovely name! I'm Mia, nice to meet you." Her hand extends out from the counter.
I quickly reach my hand out shake her hand. "Nice to meet you too, Mia." I say, without forgetting to add a gentle smile behind my sentence.
Nam looks at the clock on the counter and suddenly screams. He says that he'll be late for training session if he don't start eating in the restaurant in the club, and he left, leaving me alone with Mia. Obviously, I don't know what to do next. Should I talk to Mia, or should I just find a seat to sit down?? Fortunately, Mia starts to talk.
"You finally come inside." Mia starts. "I can see you standing outside since the summer."
I chuckle a bit. "Nam told me that almost everyone knows me now."
"Yes, indeed!" Mia nods her head. "We all know that there is a girl who always waits for Yuzu. At first, I thought you were a fan of him."
"Well, specifically, I am his fan..."
"But a special fan." Mia continued my sentence. "I've been working here before Yuzu entered the club, and I have never seen him walking with a girl to here or to leave here."
"Well, that's because-" I try to explain but Mia stops my words.
"Shhh, you don't have to explain. I understand." She smiles back at me.
I blush fully fervently that I think I might be having a fever or something. Perhaps there's even some steam coming out of my face.
Mia kindly points at the seats that are facing the rink with the glass in between. I guess she's telling me to sit there and watch training sessions and observe.
I look at Mia and give her my thankfulness and walk to a seat that is right next to the glass window.

I put my school bag next to the seat next to mine and sit down. I lean my head to the glass to rest. The chilliness of the rink radiates through the glass and cools my forehead gradually. I ponder what will be Yuzu's reaction seeing me here watching him training. Will he be amazed? Or will he be upset that my action is opposite to what I say before about not coming into the club? My thoughts are all swirling like the wheel in my Macbook Pro, not knowing when to stop and when to get an answer.