He squeezed her hand before letting her go. If she is hesitant to meet Claude, it is best if she does not meet him right now. Unlike her, he can face anyone and simply go with it. Athanasia once told him that Claude was the first father she ever had. She must have been heartbroken when Claude pushed her away and eventually tried killing her.

That's why...

It's better if I meet this man first before he hurts her even more.

[CLAUDE'S POV]

WAKE UP!!! DONT LEAVE THEM ALONE!

The chilling voice on his spine jolted Claude awake from his slumber. He slowly got up and sat down. He stared blankly into space, then noticed his own son sitting by his side. A warm divine energy circulates through his veins until it reaches his heart.

The black magic he cast on himself was being counteracted by Ayhan's divine power.

It was warm, but also cold. As if some sort of death god was keeping his soul at ease.

Neither of them spoke.

He watched the boy stand up and offer him a glass of water. The pain in his head was gone, and his ailing heart felt at ease.

He was about to take the cup, but instead of holding it, the boy poured it over his head. He was in shock and stunned. He looked at the boy, who glared at him in rage.

No... don't look at me like that.

For the first time in his life, he was scared of being hated. Of being scorned by someone yet again.

His son threw the glass to the side. It shattered the moment it made contact with the wall.

What surprised him was the punch that the boy landed on his face.

"Ahhh." He looked at Yhan's swollen hand, "I am not meant for fighting."

His voice was filled with rage. He was filled with hatred as he glared at him without any respect at all.

"That's for making her cry." Yhan's voice echoed painfully awful for him.

Athanasia cried?

"I haven't had a shot for myself and I doubt if he can do it again." Claude, whose heart turned cold and empty, was beating loudly right now.

"I hate you. I hate you with every fiber of my being."

Hate is simply a manifestation of love that has not found a logical way to express itself.

There are no words to speak. No moments to spare. Denying someone's deep-etched affection is another world of hatred.

"We were making every effort to get you to remember, but you kept denying our existence."

The person he had never even looked at before is now trapped in his gaze. He is passing through, with all of those missed opportunities. His hollowed eyes were filled with sadness as he screamed out his feelings.

"Threaten our lives, then beg us the moment you are miserable?"

"Are you not asking too much?"

"We are human too! We are hurt! We are in pain! We keep believing in you and the promises you have made!"

He ended up crying. What should he say? What should he do to get them to smile againWhat should he do to get them laughing again? It's pathetic, he knew it was. But he can't find a single word.

A love that was looking for a place to escape ended up losing its true location. In this room... His room... The rain never stops falling here. The child in front of him cried silently, swallowing his heart with a stone in tearless grief.