Love like a Phoenix

Hundreds maybe thousands, or even centuries had passed since your death. Ever since you were gone things weren't the same. Pastries tasted bitter, the wine tasted weak, his once glowing figure slowly dimmed as time went by.  Even as rhe sun shone brightly in the sky he could no longer feel its warmth, only the burning heat on his skin. 

The nights were no longer as beautiful as they were. It became cold and cruel. The winds no longer sang a soft breeze throughout Xadia, all of the flowers lost it's Fragrance, the nights became dark and empty. His heart Ached with pain, no matterwhat he did no matter how much he tried. No matter how much he tried to let his heart forget, there would always be a piece of his soul that was snatched. A piece of his Heart was ripped from his chest and he felt as if A part of him were missing.

For years he tried to move on, he tried to let go but he just couldn't, His heart kept beating for you, it kept calling for you.  All his efforts remained futile, he knew the truth. No matter what his heart would always belong to you, He knew that nothing could ever Diminish his love for you. 

It was like a Phoenix, even as it died, it would come back- Reborn Anew. And it would remain like this for as long as he lives on, the worst part, Everything reminded him of you from the beautiful Blooming flowers to the light of the sun herself, it always reminded him of you.

Even as the humans were left to fend for their own, the sheer willpower and determination in their eyes resembled yours, how the Melodic singing of birds reminded him of your voice. the children's laughter reminded him of yours and how their bright eyes would resemble yours. For many years he tried to forget you, to forget about the pain but no matter what he could never, his heart could never.

As all the roads he took Led back to you