10~ Ramzaan ka Chaand

FARUQUI HOUSE

MUNAWAR

I entered the room but Mannara wasn't there. She's the first thing I want to see after I come home from work. Why wasn't she here?

I reminisced her words from the morning and it hit me. Ofcourse she didn't want to wait for me or anything. But all I wanted after a long and tiring day was her. I came out of the room and noticed no one was in the hall or dining either. I asked Ruksaar (maid) where Mannara and the others were.

She told all the three were at the terrace. I quickly rushed there.

I walked on to the terrace where Amreen and Nazila stood gazing the sky. Mannara a little farther from them lost in thought.

I went behind her and she could feel a presence.

Chand nazar aaya? She asked. I think she took me for Amreen.

Haan!

'Kahan?' She said turning back

'Mere saamne' I said looking at her. She raised her eyebrows looking at me.

'Chaand!!' We heard Amreen exclaim and we looked towards it. We prayed together seeking His blessings and guidance.

 [MORNING] 

MANNARA

It's the first day of Ramadan, a month that holds immense significance in my life. With a heart full of gratitude and anticipation, I greeted everyone in the hall.

Mumtaz Maa wanted me and Munawar to visit my parents' house since it's Ramadan and we haven't visited them ever since our wedding. But my resentment towards them didn't want me to.

However I didn't want her to feel bad so I agreed. I wore a pink salwar and got ready to go

Munawar accompanied me.

******

[AZIZ HOUSE]

I felt hesitant seeing them.

The house I spent my whole life in now looked foreign to me.

'Mannara! Kaisi ho'

My mom came and hugged me while I stood still.

Everyone greeted Munawar and were busy with his khatirdaari.

........................................................

After a while Munawar told them that he had to leave due to some work.

'Tum mujhe shaam ko call kardena..main tumhe pick karne aa jaunga' he said infront of all and she agreed.

'Aap sab yeh mat samajhiye ke maine apko maaf kardiya hai..ya yeh ki main aap se koi taluq rakhna chahti hu' she said as soon as he left shattering everyone.

'Mannara..aise kyu keh rahi ho?' Zeenat asked Mannara.

'Meri saas chahti thi ke main aur Munawar yahan aaye. Aur main Unki bohot izzat karti hun. Isliye aayi hun.' She said leaving from there with Zara while Zeenat and Mohsin stood there watching this.

'Dekhiye na Woh kaise - ' Zeenat anxiously said to Mohsin.

'Woh bas naraz hai. Tum fikr mar karo..kuch din main sab theek hojayega' he replied [MANNARA'S ROOM]

MANNARA

'Mannara! Yeh kya tareeka tha bahir baat karne ka?'

Bhabhi asked.