035. the night everything fell apart

Start from the beginning

Tori was more grateful than she could ever express, to have someone look out for her in a way that he did. But the Mikaelson couldn't help but to compare their situations and feel so stupid. They were both now technically orphans and grieving their own losses yet he seemed to keep it together quite well (keyword here is seemed), yet Tori felt like behind closed doors she a total mess.

And then that lead Tori back to her negative spiralling inside her head... the worry that she was constantly a burden to her boyfriend when he had trauma of his own that he was working through. She never wanted to burden anybody, and if she were to even mention to the Forde that she feared she was burdening him, he would completely deny it.

Things had suddenly gotten worse on top of Tori's grief, and Glen had no idea why. He'd been away for two weeks as Gia had surprised him with a plane ticket to Berlin for his birthday, where she had been staying (no one knew where Gia even got the money, infact she said not to ask). But since the older Forde had been back, Tori had been a mess and she was refusing to open up about it.

Before he left, Tori had been best friends with Olivia and by extension hung out with Aphrodite and Myrical also, but since he'd returned from his trip he noticed that Tori and Liv weren't speaking at all. In fact, nobody had seen much of Liv.

Aphrodite had no idea what happened between the former best friends either, but knew Tori was suddenly jumpy and standoffish, and Olivia was isolating herself from everybody. The De Martel assumed they'd eventually talk and work things out, but that wasn't going to be the case, at least for a long time.

Tori exhaled shakily, as she leant her head against the brick wall she was sitting against, as she closed her eyes. She reminded herself that the sun would come up, and it would all be over soon. Or at least she thought.

"Tori?" The blonde opened her eyes and turned her head to see her boyfriend standing there. She exhaled and sat upright, "How... did you find me?" She questioned as Glen approached her, as he noticed that she'd been crying.

"I had a witch to do a locator spell..." Glen confessed, as it was then Tori noticed he was holding her Mikaelson necklace, which she was almost never seen without. "Liv said she saw you leaving the school, and you looked really upset." He added, making Victoria realise that Liv had been the witch in question.

"I don't know why she cares..." Tori trailed off bitterly as Glen moved to sit down beside her, but not before he noticed something. "Babe, where is your ring?" He asked, though Tori didn't answer.

It then all suddenly clicked what the Mikaelson was doing, and Glen exhaled shakily, realising that there was the chance he was going to lose her. "Tori, no..." He blurted, "Please talk to me. What is going on?" He pleaded as Tori couldn't seem to make words as she choked out a sob and started to cry again. Glen reached his arm around the hybrid as she leant into his embrace and just cried. It took a few minutes for her to manage to form words.

"Everything is too much." She eventually began. "I... I can't keep living like this. I don't know how to move forward." The hybrid's voice cracked with sadness. "Everyday... is becoming so much harder than the last." She added, her voice sounding more quiet now.

"You know... to make it this far after everything you've gone through... is pretty inspiring. You were born with a target on your back, and were sought out by enemies that weren't even yours." Glen began. "You've easily got to be one of the strongest people I know." He pointed out. Tori offered a weak smile, "I'm... not strong enough." She began to reply, "I'm done fighting, I can't do this anymore."