"I honestly don't know how to explain that. Ian, I'm just doing all I can and playing the role perfectly, so I don't get caught." Fatima said, trying to sound convincing, she couldn't confess to her boyfriend that she had developed feelings for another man. "I just can't wait for this to be over and I hope I'm doing the right thing. I don't want to hurt innocent people. Why should everyone in the Taylor family suffer for the actions of only Zac's father and grandfather?"

"Babe, do you realize that you could have died with your parents? That would have meant an entire family gone. If Zac's grandfather didn't select who to kill, then why should we? He aimed to wipe away your family from the face of the earth, and that's precisely what we are about to do to him. We'll use the one he loves the most to ruin him. It's a pity that Zac is the scapegoat."

Fatima rubbed the back of her neck, feeling uncomfortable as tears streamed down her face. She didn't know which hurt the most: the truth that she probably wouldn't be alive right now, or falling in love with a man from a bloodline that made her an orphan, depriving her of a mother's love, or the look in Zac's eyes that she knew she would see someday when he discovered her true identity.

Ian wiped the tears from Fatima's eyes, "I'm here for you, don't feel bad for taking what rightfully belongs to you. They were your parents, and you're entitled to get justice. Trust me, I'm still doing everything in my power to get you every information you need."

"I hate when you all do things behind my back, what did Madam do with the Marex project files I sent to her?" Fatima asked, changing the subject.

"She gave them to Bryan, only to provide him with a heads-up on what ZacT Construction had designed, so he could create something better. However, instead of innovating, the fool simply resorted to copy and paste."

"Fatima's eyes widened in disbelief. She understood why Zac had returned home in such a state, but her realization was short-lived as her mind quickly calculated that Zac would recognize the designs as copies from his laptop."

"That man would forever be slow, this isn't good."

"A lot of things aren't good, you don't want to know what I found out on my trip."

"Tell me."

"Zac's father and Madam were a thing, and ..."

"No way! That explains why she has Mr. Taylor's pictures in her bedroom and always looks at them.  I should have known, but with the way she hates him, it was hard to conclude. This is getting deeper."

"Oh babe, you don't know the half of it. What's even crazier is, hold on," Ian says as he opens his phone and shows her a picture of the front page of an old newspaper.

"Business mogul Richard Philips calls off engagement with Tiffany Taylor," Fatima read out the headline. "I don't understand...wait Tiffany Taylor? That's Kaz's mother. What does this... I mean what does this have to do with anything?" Fatima asked, her brain trying to put the pieces of nothing together.

"The Taylors have a lot of things buried, and one of them is this. I don't know where this leads me, I found it in Madam's old house when I was on my trip, but I think it might be important information."

"Do I even want to know more? This is a lot to take in," Fatima massaged her temples, "This is complicated, so if my aunty and Zac's dad dated, then why and how did they become enemies?"

"That's what I've been trying to find out."

"My auntie only told me the Taylors betrayed them and killed my parents, but she never told me the entire story. And with every story she ever told me, her relationship with Mr. Theo, was never one of them."