******

Chapter 82

◎Letter from Second Aunt◎

Liu Susu's heart sank. Just as she was about to say something, Han Xiuxiu continued: "Aunt Chen and Grandma Xiaotian are quarreling!"

Han Xiuxiu was so anxious that Xiaotian even cried. , she could only come back quickly to bring in reinforcements.

Liu Susu and Lu Lingzhi knew something was wrong as soon as they heard it, and quickly asked the children to stay at home while they hurried over.

Chen Nan's house is not far away, just a few steps away.

Before they even got close, they heard a commotion. Mrs. Xing and Sister-in-law Xing were standing together, arguing with Chen Nan.

No need to ask, you will know what is going on after listening to it twice.

Chen Nan's job in the supply and marketing cooperative has been for Sister Xing for so long.

This is a temporary measure. After all, work is precious now. If you don't do it, there will be a lot of people who want to take up the job. Chen Nan doesn't want to sell her job directly to others. She just has a baby and needs to take care of it. Wait. I will definitely keep coming back to do it.

But she was worried that she would not be able to get it back after giving it to others. At this moment, her natal sister-in-law, Sister-in-law Xing, came to her door. She agreed that she would help Chen Nan work, and the monthly salary of 20 yuan would be divided into eight yuan. If she wanted something for Chen Nan, she would do her best to find it for her, and return it as soon as Chen Nan was free.

Chen Nan agreed since the wealth would not go to outsiders, and he also wanted to have a better relationship with his in-laws.

In the beginning, Sister-in-law Xing did a good job. Every time the supply and marketing cooperative had any bargains, she kept them for Chen Nan without paying for them. Later, gradually, her heart grew bigger, and she felt that what she had done before was enough. Not only did she not take the initiative to leave things for Chen Nan, but she also didn't take it to heart when Chen Nan said hello to her sometimes.

This was the case once before when Chen Nan took Liu Susu and Lu Lingzhi to buy damp flour.

She was very angry at that time and told Xing Xiaojun about it. When Xing Xiaojun came home for the holidays, she mentioned it to Brother Xing, and Sister-in-law Xing reluctantly changed her mind.

Chen Nan also knew that this was just a matter of feeding her appetite, but she had no choice. Tiedan had no one to take care of her, so she couldn't get away, so she could only stay like this until Tiedan could leave.

Tiedan is also three years old this year. She had planned to get her job back at the beginning of the year, but Tiedan fell ill and it has been delayed until now. A few days ago, Liu Susu told her that Mrs. Xing was here and went to find Sister Xing, but she didn't come here. Chen Nan felt that something was wrong.

Sure enough, when she went to see Mrs. Xing two days ago and said that she was free to come to work, Mrs. Xing hesitated and refused to give her work back.

Chen Nan has a relatively gentle personality. After thinking about it, she said: "Sister-in-law, please finish your work this month. I will come back to work next Monday."

She thought about letting Sister-in-law Xing receive another month's salary. It's time for an ultimatum.

But Mrs. Xing didn't want to, so she went home to find Mrs. Xing and came over to make trouble today.

It's said that the Xing family are all poor people. They can usually make a living by farming and harvesting vegetables. In this situation, how can there be food in the fields? Their whole family is now counting on Sister-in-law Xing's job. Chen Nan is going back now. What will they eat and drink? Drink the northwest wind!

Old Mrs. Can't go down anymore.

Chen Nan actually wanted to have a good time together, but he didn't expect it to be so ugly. A group of people gathered outside, all coming to watch the joke. Chen Nan's face turned red and he was so angry that he could hardly speak.

Before Niu Dan could react, Xiao Tian said: "Miscellaneous, my aunt agreed before..."

Before she could finish her words, Mrs. Xing scolded her: "Shut up, you little girl. It's because you go to school that your mother wants to take her job back! Why should a girl go to school? She won't be a member of someone else's family in the future? She doesn't have enough to eat now, but she has this face!"

Xiao Tian was hurt by her face to face. He scolded me and immediately started crying.

Han Xiuxiu came over at this time. She knew there was nothing she could do, so she quickly went back and called her mother.

When Liu Susu came over, Chen Nan was protecting Xiaotian behind him, frowning and said: "Mom, if you say that, let's discuss it."

Her personality is indeed gentle, but she is not being taken advantage of. The truth is, plus I had all kinds of conflicts with my husband's family, but today it's better, I just talked about it all.

"Sisters-in-law and aunties are here too, let's listen together."

Chen Nan didn't want to avoid others. She even had to say this in front of everyone, otherwise Mrs. Xing would go around and accuse her and Xing Xiaojun of being unfilial. , this is the witness.

"My parents worked hard to find this job, just so that I could have something to do in the military area and make our family's life better. Later, I gave birth to an iron egg and the child was in poor health. My parents I couldn't leave, so my mother-in-law came to take care of me and ran away within a month. I didn't have time for this job, so I originally wanted to give it to my sister-in-law, but since you asked me to come here, I'll give it to you.

"This My parents spent money to buy this job for me. After so many years, it will only become more valuable than before. I sell it to others for at least 300 yuan. Sister-in-law, you give me 8 yuan a month. What do you think of me? Have you got your original copy back? "

As soon as these words came out, Sister-in-law Xing blushed and lowered her head.

"At the beginning, we agreed that I would get my job back when the iron egg grows bigger. You personally agreed, and now you are going back on it? Do you think there is such a good thing in the world? "

The onlookers also nodded. You said it would be fine if it was another job. Sister-in-law Xing gave Chen Nan money, which is not a loss. But this is the work of the supply and marketing cooperative. Who doesn't know that the supply and marketing cooperative has plenty of spare time? , if Chen Nan is willing to give her job to others, not to mention giving her eight yuan a month, even if she gives her fifteen yuan and gives her a large part of it, a lot of people will be willing to take it.

Sister-in-law Xing is taking advantage of it . I got a big deal, but now I am still not satisfied, so I just want to take all the work into my hands.

Seeing that the limelight has gone to Chen Nan, Mrs. Xing became anxious and said hurriedly: "What's wrong? What's wrong?" ? Are you asking about our ruthlessness? Chen Nan, you are the conscience of heaven and earth, when did your sister-in-law not want to give it to you? This is a special situation now. People at home are starving to death! "

Sister-in-law Xing became more energetic after receiving the signal from her mother-in-law: "Yes, Xiaonan, you and Xiaojun are in the military area all day long. It's comfortable to have food and drink. You don't have to wait on your parents-in-law, and you don't have to worry about things at home. Three acres of land. There is a person who has a headache and fever, and your brother and I are taking care of him. The situation at home is really bad now, and we can hardly open the pot. We don't have anything to do, but my parents are old and can't ignore it. It's also because of this that I decided to I'll do it for a while longer. After saying that ,

he added: "Don't worry, Xiaonan, I will return your job to you as soon as this bad day is over, okay?" "

Chen Nan's face turned even uglier.

It was obvious that she was far away from Emperor Xing Xiaojun. She lived a happy life in the military area and they took care of the elderly at home. If she didn't give her a job, she would force them to die. , it's okay if she doesn't fulfill her filial piety, but if she blocks her brother and sister-in-law from fulfilling her filial piety, that would be disrespectful.

But she said nice things, and Chen Nan knew very well that if she really gave this job to her, she would not be able to do it again in the future. It's impossible to take it back.

Old Mrs. Well, it's one thing that you don't like me as an old woman, but you don't still want to starve me as my mother-in-law to death! "

Chen Nan was so angry that he was so stupid. After thinking about it for a while, when he was about to say something, a voice suddenly came over:

"Old lady, what you said is wrong."

Chen Nan turned around and saw that it was Liu Susu. She was still angry and anxious, but miraculously she calmed down a little. Old

Mrs.

, is it true that he is fulfilling his filial duty on behalf of Chen Nan?"

Mrs. Xing nodded: "Of course it is true."

"Then Chen Nan has been married to your family for less than ten years, so it is just a matter of giving her job to Sister-in-law Xing. Three years, you mean, Sister-in-law Xing has not fulfilled her filial duty in the past ten years or so?" "

Pfft--"

As soon as these words came out, some people couldn't help but laugh.

Mrs. Xing and Sister-in-law Xing couldn't stop laughing, their faces turned as red as pig liver.

Old Mrs. To work, we can only rely on the crops for food, but now that there is no food in the fields, there is really no way. My brother Xiaojun and I have nothing, but we can't watch my parents being wronged, so I came here shamelessly.

" The words were moved with emotion and reason, but Liu Susu didn't believe a word of it.

It's not that I don't believe that the harvest in the fields is not good, that's for sure, but no one has a good harvest now. Chen Nan and Xing Xiaojun are also farming, aren't they also busy?

She didn't believe it because she didn't believe that Old Mrs. Xing's life was so miserable. However, these words also made her realize that Old Mrs. .

"That's irrelevant. If you said that the harvest at home is not good, then our harvest is not good either. The harvest at Chen Nan's parents' home is also not good. Moreover, her parents paid for this job. Even if she really wants to do her best, Filial piety should also be given to her natal sister-in-law."

As soon as these words came out, Sister-in-law Xing was about to speak, but Liu Susu didn't give her a chance to speak at all, and said: "And for so many years, even if Chen Na has been in the military area and has not returned home, , that is also to take care of Xing Xiaojun and take care of the three children, but the money sent back every month is quite a lot. Old lady, if you want to say that this is not fulfilling your filial piety, should you send the money that Xing Xiaojun and Chen Nan have spent in the past few years? Get all the money back?" "You!" Old

Mrs.

Work, I feel that having a job is filial, that's fine, but from now on, Battalion Commander Xing and Xiao Nan will not send a penny home." "

Why?! I am his mother, why should he? Don't send money!!" Mrs. Xing shouted.

Liu Susu said unceremoniously: "Based on what you just said, and what your eldest daughter-in-law said, isn't it necessary to work just to fulfill your filial piety? Then if your filial piety has been fulfilled, why are you still sending money back? You have nothing to do and you are so busy. ?"

Old

Mrs. If you agree, I will take my sister-in-law to the supply and marketing cooperative to go through the formalities now!" Chen Nan said directly, after enduring it for so long, she doesn't want to endure it anymore.

Old Mrs.

Old Mrs. You earn it, you call him back, I want to see if he listens to you or mine!"

No need to call, the first time Mrs. Xing came to knock on the door, Chen Na had already asked Niu Dan Go call him daddy.

Xing Xiaojun was training when he unexpectedly heard someone say that his son had something urgent to do with him. As soon as he came out, Niu Dan said that the milk was here and he and his mother started to quarrel.

Chen Nan had already told Xing Xiaojun that he wanted to return to work, so he knew something was wrong when he heard it, and hurried back. Mrs. Xing's voice was loud, and he heard it clearly before she got close. What's going on.

Looking at his angry wife, his daughter with her head down and crying, and her little son who was too frightened to speak, Xing Xiaojun felt extremely tired.

He sighed deeply and said: "There's nothing more to say, mother, now you go back with your sister-in-law and return your work to Xiaonan. How much money did you send home from then on? How much money will you send now? If not, then follow the instructions of sister-in-law." The way I said it, if you give your job to your sister-in-law, you won't have any pension money in the future, but if you get sick and the medical expenses are not enough, I will still pay it."

Mrs. Xing did not expect that Xing Xiaojun would say this when she arrived, and neither did Mrs. Xing.

In fact, many times, the reason for frequent conflicts in the family lies with men.

The two of them, Mrs. Xing and Mrs. Xing, dared to come here to show off their power, but they were also relying on Xing Xiaojun's face and his surname Xing, thinking that he would be on their side, so they came over to take advantage of their daughter-in-law.

But Xing Xiaojun is not a heartless person. He knows whether Chen Nan has done what she should do as a daughter-in-law. He also understood that her mother just felt that Chen Nan was not as close as Mrs. Xing when she was not with her all the time. In addition, he was more capable, and Mrs. Xing was afraid that Chen Nan would take the money, so she couldn't avoid coming over to beat her. .

This was what she had in mind at first, but later she found out that Chen Nan didn't obey her at all, and it became more and more excessive.

So what Xing Xiaojun originally wanted to do was to deal with it as calmly as possible. After all, he and Chen Nan would go back during the Chinese New Year.

But he didn't expect that his mother would come here now. Xing Xiaojun's family conditions were not good. When he married Chen Nan, he promised that he would treat her well. He didn't forget what he said, and he didn't want to be like this again at home and outside. I was restless, so I said this directly.

He was still very determined. No matter what Mrs. Xing said or scolded him for marrying a wife and forgetting his mother, he still said the same thing.

Mrs. Xing's voice was hoarse from crying. Seeing that he refused to retreat, she could only go back in frustration.

There is no way, the living expenses sent back by Xing Xiaojun are the biggest reliance on her and the old man. It is impossible for her to push out the living expenses of ten yuan a month just for a daughter-in-law. She is not stupid, and Xing Xiaojun is still young, and she might be able to go there in the future. If you go up, you will be more promising then.

Although Sister-in-law Xing is more satisfactory to her than Chen Nan, she is just a daughter-in-law, an outsider, and cannot be compared with her son.

Old Mrs.

After the farce was over, Chen Nan felt more comfortable. The first thing he did was to say thank you to Liu Susu: "Thank you, sister-in-law. If it weren't for you today, I don't know what I would have done."

Chen Nan has never known anything since she was a child. When you quarrel, when you are a girl, you will lose when you quarrel with others. When you marry Xing Xiaojun, let alone the loud-voiced old lady Xing, she can't even quarrel with Mrs. Xing.

This is why when Xing Xiaojun went on a mission and Mrs. Xing came to look for someone, she simply took her children and hid back at her parents' home.

To put it bluntly, what she hopes most is that she can become the kind of person who is particularly sharp-tongued and can win any argument. Today was the

first time that she saw Mrs.

Well, my mouth is really too stupid."

Liu Susu laughed: "What's so easy to learn? You don't have to learn, as long as Xiaojun turns to you, it's much better than being able to talk."

Lu Lingzhi also smiled and said: "No, Xiao Chen, Xiao Jun did a really good job this time, don't take it out on him."

Chen Nan felt a little embarrassed when he heard this.

She actually never thought about venting her anger on Xing Xiaojun. Xing Xiaojun has been very good to her since they got married. Even if Mrs. Xing is in trouble, he will always find a way to balance it. Sometimes there is really no way to make her suffer. I'll make up for it elsewhere.

To be honest, if it weren't for Xing Xiaojun's good attitude, Chen Nan would have been unable to stand Mrs. Xing.

"Are you okay?" Xing Xiaojun came over and asked her.

"I'm fine." Chen Nan waved her hand, but Xiaotian was a little scared. She would buy a fish later and make something delicious to comfort her.

Xing Xiaojun didn't notice that much. He nodded when Chen Nan said it was okay, and hurried to the army again.

——But

Mrs. Xing had been arrogant for so long. She failed this time and would not give in so easily. When September came, she came again, bringing Xing Xiaojun's nephew with her.

The reason was to let Xing Xiaojun's nephew join the army.

In fact, this matter has been discussed several times. The most serious incident was the year before last. She brought her nephew to live here directly, saying that she would not leave unless he was allowed to join the army.

At that time, Xing Xiaojun said a few perfunctory words to fool her. Later, when she came back, Xing Xiaojun said that the time had passed and the army would not recruit people.

Old Mrs. She had forgotten what her mother did, which made her panic.

He was afraid that when the wind blows from Chen Nan's pillow, Xing Xiaojun would not even pay for living expenses.

Sister-in-law Xing noticed it and quickly encouraged her eldest son to go find Mrs. Xing.

This guy's name is Xing Laifu. He is a sharp-tongued man who is always good at coaxing people. He always coaxes Mrs. Be good to you."

The youngest son and grandson are the lifeblood of the old man.

Seeing that the younger son Xing Xiaojun is unreliable, doesn't Mrs. Xing like the grandson Xing Laifu even more?

She was extremely happy, but regretful: "Well, it would be great if you could go to the army like your uncle..."

After saying this, she was stunned, that's not right, her eldest grandson can't go to the army, no. Is it because the younger son has been putting it off? No, this time she wants Xing Xiaojun to get it done no matter what!

The army's autumn recruitment was in late September. She was afraid that something might happen again, so she took Xing Laifu with her to the military area one week before the autumn recruitment.

Xing Xiaojun had received the news, but Mrs. Xing didn't want to tell him, but it was a military area, and Xing Xiaojun had to say hello in advance before the sentry would let them in.

As soon as Xing Xiaojun received the letter, he was so anxious that he had a blister on his mouth.

He really doesn't know what to do this time. He has made so many excuses. His mother will definitely not believe it this time. Should he just break up with her?

It's okay to break up, but he is afraid that Mrs. Xing won't believe what he said, and she will have bad ideas when the time comes. The only way is to make Mrs. Xing give up her heart at once, but what method should be used?

Xing Xiaojun suddenly didn't expect that while he was thinking hard, Captain Shi came over and asked him if he was troubled by his mother's affairs again.

In the past, when Captain Shi saw Xing Xiaojun in distress, he would ask questions, but now that he has done so many times, he will no longer ask.

Anyway, it's just that little thing, you can guess it right away.

Xing Xiaojun said yes.

He was not afraid of letting Captain Shi know about it, so he told him directly and asked him if he had any ideas.

Captain Shi said: "This is not easy, let me give you a trick!"

Xing Xiaojun's eyes lit up: "What?"

Then, he watched Captain Shi sit down, raised his head, looked at the sky, and waited. For a long time, there was no answer.

Xing Xiaojun: "...Captain?"

Commander Shi said a little embarrassedly: "I didn't expect it. Why don't we go find Xiao Han? He must know."

Han Lie went to a military academy, which is why he was so young. The reason why I can be the leader.

The current education penetration rate in the military is not high, and many people have never gone to school. Therefore, in the eyes of others, Han Lie is extremely educated.

Of course, it is also because of this that no one will question his position as leader.

Xing Xiaojun felt that his brother Han would probably ignore him, but he went anyway with the intention of giving it a try. Han Lie was resting next to him and took a sip of water from a water bottle. Liu Susu had put chrysanthemums in it, which gave it a natural sweet taste. , but he frowned and seemed to be in a bad mood.

Han Lie was always serious, but with this frown, not to mention Xing Xiaojun, Captain Shi was a little scared. He coughed twice and said, "Xiao Han, what's wrong with you?"

Han Lie raised his eyes and said, "It's okay. Do you have anything to do with me? Captain Shi

sat down next to him and said, "Xiaojun has something to do."

He told Xing Xiaojun what happened.

Han Lie didn't say anything, but the more he listened, the more he frowned and his face became darker. Xing Xiaojun was startled.

After hearing this, Han Lie looked at Xing Xiaojun and said, "You have to think about this."

Xing Xiaojun didn't have high hopes at first, so he thought Han Lie said he had to think about it because he didn't have the time to think about it. He just nodded and said nothing.

But early the next morning, when he was about to go to training, he was stopped by Han Lie.

"Brother Han, do you have a problem with me?"

Han Lie seemed to be in a much better mood at this time than yesterday. He smiled and said, "Have you thought of a solution for what you said yesterday?"

Xing Xiaojun shook his head: "No. ."

Not only did he not think of a way, he also didn't dare to tell Chen Nan. Han Lie raised his

eyebrows: "Don't worry, I thought about it . " , but Xing Xiaojun is not panic at all. He has been under Han Lie for so many years, how can he still not know who he is? If Captain Han says it can be done, then it must be done. Suddenly, he finally felt relieved and quickly thanked him. Han Lie waved his hand: "No, just thank your sister-in-law. It was her idea." "Sister-in-law?" "Yes." Han Lie did not explain much. In fact, when Xing Xiaojun received the letter from Mrs. Xing yesterday, he also received it. . It was sent by Second Aunt Han. At that time, he was about to go to the cafeteria to eat when he was stopped by the postman, saying that he had a letter from him. He took it and saw that it was the name and address of Second Aunt Han. Han Lie was immediately stunned. The reason is simple. For so many years, he and Second Aunt Han have always been in contact by phone. Except when he first joined the army and served as a soldier, he wrote letters to his family, and they haven't done so since. Similarly, Second Aunt Han would not write to him. Second Aunt Han did not know how to read. If she wanted to write a letter, she would have to ask for help from others, which was too troublesome. Han Lie subconsciously felt that something was wrong. As soon as he opened the letter, he sneered, and the annoyance between his brows emerged. Yesterday, Xing Xiaojun saw that he was in a bad mood, and it was also because of this.

When he got home, Han Qian was feeding the ducks. There were three ducks in the house now, which was less than before. He could get up to three duck eggs a week. He wanted to give them more food to let them lay more eggs.

As soon as he turned around, he saw Han Lie and ran over and shouted, "Dad, aren't you happy?"

Han Lie used to be in a good mood when he came back, but today he frowned and looked like he was not in a good mood.

He rubbed the child's head: "Dad is fine, just a little tired. Where is your mother?"

Han Qian felt that this was not the case, but his father didn't say anything, so he stopped asking: "Mom is in the cellar."

Liu Susu She was arranging the remaining things at home in the cellar. She was thinking about when to take out the things and dry them again. They were originally dried, but they were afraid of mold if they were left for a long time, so they were left in the sun longer.

Suddenly, the light dimmed, and she turned around: "You're back?"

Han Lie hummed, "Susu, look at this."

Liu Susu took the letter, walked outside to read it, and after a moment she frowned slightly: "Second aunt wants you to send your nephew to the army?"

Isn't this what Chen Nan's mother-in-law, Mrs. Xing, did? Why is Second Aunt Han like this?