14. Nosce Te Ipsum

Her piercing gaze could cut him into half. Right now Niki felt as if he is a chest piece. His next move could kick him out of the game, or the next move could bring him to a victory.

  To admit, or to not admit?

"Pranks? Is that what you think it is?" Niki look at her straight in the eye.

Niki could see her expression shifting. Taken aback that this is as close as a confession. In fact , he probably gave it away already.

He waits for her to speak but she did not say a word. Him admitting apparently shocked her.

" Those are not petty pranks, Eunchae. Those are planned," Niki swore this is the riskiest thing he has ever done.

What was he thinking? Telling the school president what he was doing?
Hopefully Jake is right because he could be in deep, deep trouble after this.

"So you did it" Eunchae's voice was stagnant. No emotions that he could detect.

  " I-"

  "I don't want to hear anything else, give me a day to process," Eunchae stood up covering her bento box.

She walks away.

  What? What just happened? Did she just left him? Niki stood there like an dumbfounded.

  That night, Niki couldn't sleep a wink. She left without saying anything.

He tossed and turn trying to find the most comfortable position. But to no avail. He sits up and ruffles his hair.

  "Ughh," he groaned, frustrated at that is happening.

  What's frustrating is that the situation right now is beyond his control. He can't control the way she would react. Maybe Jake was wrong this time. The next thing he know tommorow he would be expelled.

  He laid there staring at the ceiling untill the sun rises. Like usual he washes up, wear his school uniform and say goodbye to his parents.

  Niki grabs the bicycle that he uses everyday as transport. Cycling down the hill waving to his old neighbour reading . When he reached the school gate, For the first time he dreads to know what Eunchae might do next. But at the same time he wants to know. He sighs.

  " Ayo," somebody smacked the nape of his neck.

Niki whipped his head taken aback by the sudden hit. It was Jungwon. The one and only friend in school that knows about the whole truth.

  " Oh hey."

  " Whoa why do you look like a zombie today?"

  " I can't sleep,"Niki said locking his bike ," I told her."

" Wait what?" At the corner of his eyes he could see Jungwon pause.

  Niki proceeded to walk away only for Jungwon to catch up with him seconds later.

" I told her about what we are doing."

  " You told her everything?"

   "Well, it was Jake's idea. He thought if maybe we try to approach it in a different manner it would work, "

  " So did it work though?" Jungwon asked looking at Niki frowning. Niki could understand where he is coming from because that is exactly how he feels right now.

   That is the million dollar question. The question he desperately need an answer from. An answer that has no choice but to be in his favour.

"I don't know, she did'nt say anything except to give her time to process,"