****

Chapter 12

◎ Start preparing to stock up on food ◎

The few little guys followed the cow eggs and ran a little far. With the large number of people, Liu Susu didn't know that the chief secretary was coming, but when she arrived at the market, she called all the children over. , asked them to stand in line, then took out cloth straps from his pocket, and skillfully tied several children to his arms.

Chen Nan, who was watching this series of operations, was dumbfounded.

"Sister-in-law, you..."

She has never seen someone raising a child like this!

Liu Susu said with a smile: "They are too naughty, it's safer this way."

"Indeed."

Chen Nan felt itchy just looking at it. If she hadn't been holding a little one in her arms, she would have wanted to try it. After all, they The ones at home will only get skinnier.

The market is similar to the pedestrian street of later generations. There are various stalls on both sides of the road, with things for sale on them. There is a dazzling array of everything. The only thing in common is that there are a lot of people.

Liu Susu bought according to the list she made. The first thing she needed most were seeds. Chen Nan gave her a lot yesterday, but she didn't have some of them herself, especially corn seeds.

It was already April, and it was definitely too late to plant wheat in the fields, and we couldn't let them remain so abandoned. Liu Susu thought of planting some corn, which could not only be eaten directly, but also made into cornmeal, pressed for oil, or boiled into sugar.

There is a lot of corn that can be planted in nearly three acres of land. The seeds alone are half a bag. Liu Susu asked several fellow villagers to buy them. The other people had to go home to get them. After all, she didn't expect anyone to buy corn now. kind.

Before leaving, Liu Susu said again: "Comrade, do you have chickens at home? I want a few."

Nowadays, chickens are not strictly raised, and every household can raise chickens. The fellow nodded and said that he was incubating chickens at home. eggs and asked her how many she wanted.

"The more, the better!" Liu Susu said immediately. Now we not only need to stock food, but also meat. When the chickens are raised, they will be made into cured chickens, which can be kept for a long time.

"Okay, I'll go back and take a look." The fellow said and left.

Chen Nan raised chickens at home and didn't need to buy them. She was looking at fabrics at the moment and asked Liu Susu if she wanted to make some.

"I don't want it, I can't make clothes." And there are still some at home. But talking about this, she remembered again: "Xiao Nan, how is your needlework?"

Chen Nan waved his hand: "I can barely make a dress. If we say that the one with the best craftsmanship is Sister-in-law Lu."

"Lu Sister-in-law?"

"Yes, I live not far from your sister-in-law's house. Do you want to make clothes?"

Liu Susu nodded. Actually, she wasn't making clothes. She wanted to make a hat for Han Jin, like a peaked cap.

Because he stayed at home with her all day, Han Jin was willing to apply medicine, but the injury on his face was a burn after all, and the sun was not good for him, and he also felt uncomfortable. It would definitely be better if he could wear a hat.

Moreover, Liu Susu also wanted to learn how to make clothes. Nowadays, fabrics are expensive and ready-made clothes are even more expensive. If you don't learn it yourself, it would be too expensive.

"Then let's go find Sister-in-law Lu together when we get back. She's quite nice." Chen Nan said.

"Okay." While talking, the fellow villager came back. In addition to the corn seeds, there were also four little chickens. Liu Susu paid the money happily. In fact, she also wanted to raise pigs. When the corn harvest was good, she would feed the pigs with corn cobs. It couldn't be better, but Chen Nan said that only at the beginning of the year, piglets are caught at the breeding farm.

"Wait until next year, Xiaonan, will you raise a pig with me?" Liu Susu said.

Raising pigs is tiring, but a pig can weigh two to three hundred kilograms when grown, and can be dried into bacon and stored. When a famine strikes, at least it can satisfy the craving for meat and satisfy the craving for meat.

Although there is still more than a year before the famine, everything must be prepared early. After all, supplies are scarce now and it is difficult to get food and drink.

"Okay." Chen Nan really wants to raise pigs. As their children increase, they eat more meat. It's cheaper to raise them yourself than to buy them.

——After

buying things, she went back from the market. When she got home, Liu Susu took out everything and put it away. She soaked the corn seeds in a wooden bucket, and then carefully took out the chickens from the basket.

"Xiao Jin, come here."

Han Jin, who was helping Liu Susu put things away, immediately ran over on his calves and tilted his head slightly to look at her.

Liu Susu put the chicks in his hand and whispered: "From today on, I will give these four chicks to you. Can you take good care of them and raise them?"

Han Jinyi Stunned: "Give it to me?"

"Yes, give it to you." Liu Susu came back after catching the chicken, not only because she wanted to eat meat, but also because of Han Jin.

Children all like animals, especially those that are very fragile just after birth. Liu Susu handed the chick to Han Jin, which means that in this world, he has a new responsibility, and he must take care of it seriously. They can raise them up. He is the only support for the chicks.

This is good for Han Jin's psychology.

The chicks that had just been hatched a few days ago were round and had small yellow mouths, lying in the palm of their hands and chirping. Han Jin stared at them seriously, with joy in his eyes.

But soon, he shook his head: "Auntie, if I can't do it, I will die."

Liu Susu understood that he was worried that he could not raise chickens well, and said with a smile: "Auntie, I believe in Xiaojin, and you are too busy. When the time comes, can you ask your sister and brother for help? They like you very much and will definitely be willing to help you."

This prompted him to communicate with several other children.

Although the other three children would be willing to recognize Han Jin as his brother because of his own advice, Liu Susu hoped that the relationship between their brothers could be harmonious from the bottom of their hearts and truly become a family.

Han Jin looked at the little fur ball in his hand, thought for a moment, and nodded his head vigorously: "Okay!" "

How good!" Liu Susu put the chick in the basin and handed it to Han Jin, "Let's go play."

Then, when Han Jin was not paying attention, he called the other three children over and told them about the incident: "I know you all like chicks, but my brother has been in a bad mood recently, so I will leave my mother to him. I have raised them, but these chicks also belong to our whole family, so you can also go and help your brother and raise the chicks together, okay?"

Liu Susu is a first-time mother, but she knows that she must treat her children fairly and not because of Han. The first few are lively and outgoing, so they don't care about their feelings, otherwise they will harm them instead of helping the children get along well.

The world of children is very simple. Although they didn't understand why all the chicks had to be given to the big brother at first, after hearing this, they immediately nodded: "Mom, don't worry, I will definitely help the big brother!"

Han Xiuxiu was the most excited: "Auntie, can I pick up straw with my eldest brother and build a nest for the chicks?" "

Of course, you can discuss it yourself, as long as the chicks are not allowed to touch the water."

Liu Susu gave a few more instructions . In other words, after seeing that the four children were getting along so harmoniously, I started planting vegetables with confidence.

The vegetable plot in the yard is almost three-thirds the size, and it is quite difficult to plant it all. Fortunately, Han Lie came back early today. As soon as he got home, he took off his coat and came over: "I'll come, you go and have a rest."

Liu Susu What I like most is his self-awareness. He is not like other men who think that housework is not work. He doesn't even ask his wife if she needs help. When he comes back, he just sits on the chair and just waits to eat like an old man. .

She smiled and said: "Thank you, Captain Han, then I'll go cook!"

I went to the market today and bought more than ten eggs. When I came back, the chicken seller happened to give me a bunch of leeks, so Liu Susu prepared to make a leek box.

I still have a lot of Fuqiang powder at home, pour out a small amount, knead the dough, and set it aside to wake up. Then stir the eggs and green leeks together, and you can start wrapping.

Liu Susu deliberately made more today and put five on Han Lie's plate. When she handed it over, Han Lie was shocked: "They are all mine? So many?"

Although he has a big appetite, he usually eats one. I stopped eating when I was half full. Food was expensive and I couldn't bear to eat with an open stomach.

Liu Susu smiled and said: "I worked hard today, so I must eat more."

Training is usually tiring enough, and when I came back today, I even planted all the vegetables. Han Lie is not made of iron, so what can he do if he doesn't eat more.

The freshly baked leeks box was fresh and delicious, but it couldn't match the warmth in Han Lie's heart.

In the past, in the army, when the soldiers talked about the life they wanted to live, they just hoped to get married early and live a life with their wives and children on the bed. At that time, Han Lie felt that these people had no fighting spirit at all. They were living their lives whether they were married or not. What was the difference?

But now he knew it wasn't.

In the past, when I was living alone, no one would specially prepare delicious food for him because he was too tired, so that he could replenish his energy. No one would notice that he didn't dare to eat enough every time, so they specially prepared more for him.

Han Lie took a bite of the leek box, which was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. He looked at his wife and children sitting next to him, with a smile that couldn't be hidden in his eyes.

——Han

Lie is very strong and works quickly. He planted the entire vegetable field that night.

There happened to be a light rain that night, and the fields were soaked so they could be planted with corn. Liu Susu and Han Lie worked together. When they were free, Fang Nan and Xing Xiaojun also came over to help. Although the fields were large, they were not easy to sow. It's not too complicated, so it took two or three days to plant it.

Han Lie knew that Liu Susu was exhausted these days, so he asked her to sleep in. He would just go to the cafeteria to buy breakfast tomorrow morning.

Liu Susu was really tired, so she didn't try to be brave. She didn't get up until seven o'clock. However, after finishing breakfast, she told several children to stay at home and stop running around, then she went out again with the machete.

This time, instead of going to the fields, we went up the mountain.

Fang Nan brought her here last time, and she still remembered that there was a bamboo forest here.

Looking at the thick bamboo in front of her, Liu Susu waved her machete, feeling inexplicably excited.

Because as long as her plan comes true, not only will the corn grow up safely, but she will also have a "job" soon.

It's still a job that matches her profession.