Chapter 11 I The One

Start bij het begin

"This is your surprise?" I laughed. 

He nodded, "But if you're not impressed then no." He teased. 

"It's so cute. Let's go inside." I tugged on this hand as we made our way inside. The store had the widest variety of flavors. Too many. I chose my flavors and he chose his. He chose a scoop of Oreo and one strawberry. I chose fudge and a scoop of plain chocolate.

We sat down in the store after, a quite lengthy fight on who was gonna pay. He won. 

"Cheers, to our new and restored friendship." He held up his ice cream which I reciprocated.

"Cheers, Keefe." I licked the ice cream, very impatient. There was a pause. "Keefe I think friends is great for us."

His features dropped. "I-" 

"I mean isn't it great that we can just be friends and do stuff together and just exist? We don't have to live up to anyone's expectations. I mean Biana is constantly pressuring me to get with a guy and it's like just let me live!"

I could not deny I felt something for Keefe. I just didn't know what, and yet sometimes I felt like the only way I could feel that something in peace was if I never told anyone. 

That was the way it had to be.

I couldn't see any other way out.

Keefe nodded "I get it. Friends are perfect for us." 

"Ooh ooh, Keefe can we please please please go and find a drink, the icecream has me thirsty" I begged hopping up. 

Keefe nodded distantly and hopped up as well walking beside Sophie as they went on a scavenger hunt for water.

~~~~

Keefe left shortly after for hockey practice, he cleared his throat and mumbled something about needing to leave, otherwise his coach would be mad at him. He stopped by his dorm and left, dragging his gear with him. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Did I say something wrong? I checked my phone. No new posts about me. I sighed out a breath of relief. Had my life really come to boys and gossiping? I walked back to my dorm in thought and pulled open the door, huffing and looking up to see...

"AHHH!" I covered my eyes. Biana and Tam mouths snapped apart. They pressed their lips together. Tam stood and stuttered. 

"I- I- was helping her with something!" He defensively remarked. 

"Oh you were helping her with something alright!" I squeaked. "Like her hormones!" 

Tam and Biana blushed bright red and Tam grabbed his coat and brushed past me out into the hallway. Then I dared to peek through my fingers shielding my eyes from the sight of Tam and Biana...doing things with their mouths I could never disclose to Linh. 

Biana looked more outraged-embarrassed than surprised. 

"C'mon Soph!" Bi groaned. "I was getting some action there!" 

"Well I didn't exactly get a weather notification there was gonna be a 90% chance of making out with a slight shower of hormonal teenagers!" I was refraining from laughing. 

"Let's not talk about this!" Biana shook her head. 

"No, no, no Biana Amberly Vacker, let's talk about it. Now tell me. How many kids did he promise you?" I teased. 

"Sophie, I swear to god-" 

"Are you guys gonna have a white fence picket kinda house or do you prefer a mansion?" I rubbed it in.